Location Choices Across the Value Chain: How Activity and Capability Influence Collocation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1982.
"Limit Pricing and Entry under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 443-459, March.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1998. "Limit Pricing and Entry Under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis," Levine's Working Paper Archive 245, David K. Levine.
- David L. Carr & James R. Markusen & Keith E. Maskus, 2001.
"Estimating the Knowledge-Capital Model of the Multinational Enterprise,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 693-708, June.
- David L. Carr & James R. Markusen & Keith E. Maskus, 1998. "Estimating the Knowledge-Capital Model of the Multinational Enterprise," NBER Working Papers 6773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- David B. Yoffie, 1993. "Foreign Direct Investment in Semiconductors," NBER Chapters,in: Foreign Direct Investment, pages 197-230 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Ellison, Glenn & Glaeser, Edward L, 1997.
"Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 889-927, October.
- Ellison, G. & Glaeser, E.L., 1994. "Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach," Working papers 94-27, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 1994. "Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach," NBER Working Papers 4840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blomstrom, Magnus, 1986. "Foreign Investment and Productive Efficiency: The Case of Mexico," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 97-110, September.
- Wilbur Chung & Juan Alcácer, 2002. "Knowledge Seeking and Location Choice of Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(12), pages 1534-1554, December.
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- A. Michael Spence, 1977. "Entry, Capacity, Investment and Oligopolistic Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 534-544, Autumn.
- Graitson, Dominique, 1982. "Spatial Competition a la Hotelling: A Selective Survey," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 13-25, September.
- Henderson, Rebecca. & Cockburn, Iain., 1994. "Measuring competence? : exploring firm effects in pharmaceutical research," Working papers 3712-94., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Delgado, Mercedes & Porter, Michael E. & Stern, Scott, 2014.
"Clusters, convergence, and economic performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 1785-1799.
- Mercedes Delgado & Michael Porter & Scott Stern, 2010. "Clusters, Convergence, and Economic Performance," Working Papers 10-34, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Mercedes Delgado & Michael E. Porter & Scott Stern, 2012. "Clusters, Convergence, and Economic Performance," NBER Working Papers 18250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Knoben, 2009. "Localized inter-organizational linkages, agglomeration effects, and the innovative performance of firms," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 757-779, September.
- Evan Rawley & Robert Seamans, 2015. "Intra-Firm Spillovers? The Stock and Flow Effects of Collocation," Working Papers 15-01, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2011.
"The emerging empirics of evolutionary economic geography,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 295-307, March.
- Ron Boschma & KOen Frenken, 2010. "The emerging empirics of evolutionary economic geography," Working Papers 10-10, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Nov 2010.
- Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2011. "The emerging empirics of evolutionary economic geography," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1101, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2011.
- Canfei He & Xiaojun Xiao, 2011. "Geography of Multinational Corporations and Functional Specialization in Chinese Cities," Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management, University of Milano-Bicocca, issue 1 Global .
- Lydia Bals & Jon F. Kirchoff & Kai Foerstl, 2016. "Exploring the reshoring and insourcing decision making process: toward an agenda for future research," Operations Management Research, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 102-116, December.
- Joris Knoben & L. A. G. (Leon) Oerlemans & R. P. J. H. (Roel) Rutten, 2008. "The Effects of Spatial Mobility on the Performance of Firms," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 84(2), pages 157-183, April.
- Nunzia Carbonara & Ilaria Giannoccaro, 2014. "Determinants of MNC location choice in industrial districts: an empirical analysis in Italy," Chapters,in: Agglomeration, Clusters and Entrepreneurship, chapter 5, pages 85-102 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Juan Alcácer & Cristian Dezső & Minyuan Zhao, 2015. "Location choices under strategic interactions," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 197-215, February.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:37:y:2016:i:12:p:2441-2462 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lilach Nachum & Srilata Zaheer & Shulamith Gross, 2008. "Does It Matter Where Countries Are? Proximity to Knowledge, Markets and Resources, and MNE Location Choices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(7), pages 1252-1265, July.
- repec:pal:jintbs:v:48:y:2017:i:7:d:10.1057_s41267-017-0072-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rajneesh Narula & Tiju Prasad Kodiyat, 2014. "How Home Country Weaknesses Can Constrain Further EMNE Growth: Extrapolating from the Example of India," John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers jhd-dp2014-01, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Juan Alcacer & Mercedes Delgado, 2012. "Spatial Organization of Firms: Internal and External Agglomeration Economies and Location Choices Through the Value Chain," Working Papers 12-33, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Naveen Kumar Jain & Tanvi Kothari & Vikas Kumar, 2016. "Location Choice Research: Proposing New Agenda," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 303-324, June.
- Otto Raspe & Frank Van Oort, 2014. "Entrepreneurial opportunity in innovative urban environments," Chapters,in: Knowledge, Innovation and Space, chapter 2, pages 29-50 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Picone, Gabriel A. & Ridley, David B. & Zandbergen, Paul A., 2009. "Distance decreases with differentiation: Strategic agglomeration by retailers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 463-473, May.
- Jiang, Guoliang F. & Holburn, Guy L.F. & Beamish, Paul W., 2016. "The spatial structure of foreign subsidiaries and MNE expansion strategy," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 438-450.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; location choice; firm heterogeneity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:52:y:2006:i:10:p:1457-1471. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.