Accelerated Investment and Credit Risk under a Low Interest Rate Environment: A Real Options Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Goldstein, Robert & Ju, Nengjiu & Leland, Hayne, 2001. "An EBIT-Based Model of Dynamic Capital Structure," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(4), pages 483-512, October.
- Grenadier, Steven R. & Wang, Neng, 2007.
"Investment under uncertainty and time-inconsistent preferences,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 2-39, April.
- Grenadier, Steven R. & Wang, Neng, 2005. "Investment under Uncertainty and Time-Inconsistent Preferences," Research Papers 1899, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Steven R. Grenadier & Neng Wang, 2006. "Investment Under Uncertainty and Time-Inconsistent Preferences," NBER Working Papers 12042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhdanov, Alexei, 2007. "Competitive Equilibrium with Debt," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 709-734, September.
- Mauer, David C. & Sarkar, Sudipto, 2005. "Real options, agency conflicts, and optimal capital structure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1405-1428, June.
- Takashi Shibata & Tetsuya Yamada, 2009.
"Dynamic Model of Credit Risk in Relationship Lending: A Game- Theoretic Real Options Approach,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 27(1), pages 195-218, November.
- Takashi Shibata & Tetsuya Yamada, 2009. "Dynamic Model of Credit Risk in Relationship Lending: A Game- theoretic Real Options Approach," IMES Discussion Paper Series 09-E-07, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Mella-Barral, Pierre & Perraudin, William, 1997. " Strategic Debt Service," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 531-556, June.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474.
- Michi Nishihara & Takashi Shibata, 2009. "Investment Game with Debt Financing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Recent Advances In Financial Engineering, chapter 9, pages 161-187 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Hoshi, Takeo, 2001. "What Happened to Japanese Banks?," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 19(1), pages 1-29, February.
- David Laibson, 1997. "Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 443-478.
More about this item
KeywordsLow interest rate environment; Investment behavior; Credit risk; Real options model; Corporate finance; Time-inconsistent discount rate; Behavioral economics;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ime:imemes:v:28:y:2010:p:181-214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kinken). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.