Downsizing and Profitability: An Empirical Study of Portuguese Firms in 1993¡V2005
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jody Hoffer Gittell & Kim Cameron & Sandy Lim & Victor Rivas, 2005. "Relationships, Layoffs, and Organizational Resilience: Airline Industry Responses to September 11," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2005_06, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Kristien Coucke & Enrico Pennings & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2007. "Employee layoff under different modes of restructuring: exit, downsizing or relocation," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 161-182, April.
- Kang, Jun-Koo & Shivdasani, Anil, 1997. "Corporate restructuring during performance declines in Japan," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 29-65, October.
- Peter Chalos & Charles J. P. Chen, 2002. "Employee Downsizing Strategies: Market Reaction and Post Announcement Financial Performance," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(5&6), pages 847-870.
More about this item
Keywordsdownsizing effects; downsizing performance; financial performance; Portugal;
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- M19 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:10:y:2011:i:1:p:13-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbfcutw.html .