The Argentinean debt: History, default and restructuring
In this paper we provide a reviewt of the evolution of Argentinean foreign debt in the long run and the macroeconomic policies that contributed to its emergence. In particular, we focus on what exactly happened in the nineties in Argentina. We analyze the evolution of the public sector’s financial obligations after the default and describe the restructuring proposal. We also discuss the relationships between Argentina and the IMF and its repercussions on the underlying international financial architecture.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2004.
"Serial Default and the "Paradox" of Rich to Poor Capital Flows,"
NBER Working Papers
10296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2004. "Serial Default and the "Paradox" of Rich-to-Poor Capital Flows," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 53-58, May.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2004. "Serial default and the “paradox” of rich to poor capital flows," MPRA Paper 13997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth & Savastano, Miguel, 2003.
13932, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oscar Centralogo & Mario Damill & Roberto Frenkel & Juan P. Jimenez, 1997.
"La sostenibilidad de la política fiscal en América Latina: El caso argentino,"
Research Department Publications
3014, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Oscar Centrálogo & Mario Damill & Roberto Frenkel & Juan P. Jiménez, 1997. "La sostenibilidad de la política fiscal en América Latina: El caso Argentino," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7571, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Roberto FRENKEL, 2003.
"Globalization and financial crises in Latin America,"
Iktisat Isletme ve Finans,
Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 18(207), pages 41-56.
- Frenkel, Roberto, 2003. "Globalization and financial crises in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- repec:rus:hseeco:123922 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:iie:ppress:pa67 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iif:iifjrn:v:20:y:2005:i:236:p:5-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ali Bilge)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.