The Argentinean Debt: History, Default and Restructuring
The processes that led to the default and restructuring of the Argentinean debt constitute the main focus of the paper. The evolution of the foreign debt in the long run is examined as well as the macroeconomic performance before and after the crisis. The restructuring proposal and the relationship between Argentina and the IMF are presented. The repercussions of Argentina behavior on the international financial architecture are analysed.
Volume (Year): 6 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
Web: http://www.anpec.org.br/revista/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2003.
NBER Working Papers
9908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Mussa, 2002.
"Argentina and the Fund: From Triumph to Tragedy,"
Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa67.
- Frenkel, Roberto, 2003.
"Globalization and financial crises in Latin America,"
Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Roberto FRENKEL, 2003. "Globalization and financial crises in Latin America," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 18(207), pages 41-56.
- Oscar Centralogo & Mario Damill & Roberto Frenkel & Juan P. Jimenez, 1997.
"La sostenibilidad de la política fiscal en América Latina: El caso argentino,"
Research Department Publications
3014, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Oscar Centrálogo & Mario Damill & Roberto Frenkel & Juan P. Jiménez, 1997. "La sostenibilidad de la política fiscal en América Latina: El caso Argentino," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7571, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2004.
"Serial default and the “paradox” of rich to poor capital flows,"
13997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2004. "Serial Default and the "Paradox" of Rich-to-Poor Capital Flows," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 53-58, May.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2004. "Serial Default and the "Paradox" of Rich to Poor Capital Flows," NBER Working Papers 10296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:rus:hseeco:123922 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:econom:v:6:y:2005:i:3:p:29-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Zadra Armond)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.