What Sways the Decision to Migrate? An Empirical Analysis of the Argentinean Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jörg Decressin, 1994. "Internal migration in West Germany and implications for East-West salary convergence," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(2), pages 231-257, June.
- Bartel, Ann P, 1979. "The Migration Decision: What Role Does Job Mobility Play?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 775-786, December.
- Daveri, F & Faini, R, 1996.
"Where Do Migrants Go? Risk-Aversion, Mobility Costs and the Locational Choice of Migrants,"
290, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Daveri, Francesco & Faini, Riccardo, 1996. "Where do Migrants Go? Risk-Aversion, Mobility Costs and the Locational Choice of Migrants," CEPR Discussion Papers 1540, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mihails Hazans, 2003.
"Determinants of Inter-Regional Migration in the Baltic Countries,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p354, European Regional Science Association.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2003. "Determinants of inter-regional migration in the Baltic countries," ZEI Working Papers B 17-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Cristina Cattaneo, 2008.
"The Determinants of Actual Migration and the Role of Wages and Unemployment in Albania: an Empirical Analysis,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 5(1), pages 3-32, June.
- Cristina CATTANEO, "undated". "The Determinants of Actual Migration and the Role of Wages and Unemployment in Albania: an Empirical Analysis," EcoMod2004 330600036, EcoMod.
- Cristina Cattaneo, 2006. "The Determinants of Actual Migration and the Role of Wages and Unemployment in Albania: an Empirical Analysis," LIUC Papers in Economics 196, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
- Epstein, Gil S., 2002. "Informational Cascades and Decision to Migrate," IZA Discussion Papers 445, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Greenwood, Michael J., 1993. "Internal migration in developed countries," Handbook of Population and Family Economics,in: M. R. Rosenzweig & Stark, O. (ed.), Handbook of Population and Family Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 647-720 Elsevier.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "The Economics of Immigration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1667-1717, December.
- Michael C. Burda & Jennifer Hunt, 2001. "From Reunification to Economic Integration: Productivity and the Labor Market in Eastern Germany," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 32(2), pages 1-92.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 1989. "Unemployment and the Inter-regional Mobility of Labour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 739-755, September.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration Decision; Income; Random Effects Logit; Argentina;
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ief:reveye:v:46:y:2008:i:1:p:7-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivan Iturralde). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieuncar.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.