Entrepreneurship, shared values and the region - assessing the conditions for regional social performance of entrepreneurial behaviour
This study inquires the social impact of entrepreneurial behaviour from a regional development perspective. A special focus is laid on the reciprocity of public and private leaders' regional responsibility. From a social capital perspective, the relevance of shared values among actors within regional structures is elaborated and identified as a decisive component for establishing regional economic prosperity in dynamic structural conditions. Qualitative data is analysed by mapping semantic relations within network structures. Results emphasise the role of shared values among entrepreneurs and public managers as a critical precondition for the application of entrepreneurial patterns to approaching social challenges.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 7 (2016)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=234|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 109-123, February.
- Nigel Thrift, 1994. "Globalisation, Regulation, Urbanisation: The Case of the Netherlands," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 31(3), pages 365-380, April.
- Erik-Hans Klijn & Geert R. Teisman, 2003. "Institutional and Strategic Barriers to Public—Private Partnership: An Analysis of Dutch Cases," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 137-146, July.
- Miguel A. Márquez & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2003. "Geographical competition between regional economies: The case of Spain," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(4), pages 559-580, December.
- Juana Rivera-Lirio & Maria Munoz-Torres, 2010. "Sustainable development in the Spanish region of Valencia and the social responsibility of SMEs. A multi-stakeholder vision on the role of public administrations," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(5), pages 573-590.
- Andreas Georg Scherer & Guido Palazzo, 2011. "The New Political Role of Business in a Globalized World: A Review of a New Perspective on CSR and its Implications for the Firm, Governance, and Democracy," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 899-931, June.
- Patrick Francois & Jan Zabojnik, 2005.
"Trust, Social Capital, and Economic Development,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 3(1), pages 51-94, 03.
- Francois, P. & Zabojnik, J., 2003. "Trust, Social Capital and Economic Development," Discussion Paper 2003-116, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sternberg, Rolf, 2009. "Regional Dimensions of Entrepreneurship," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 5(4), pages 211-340, May.
- Zhe Zhang & Difang Wan & Ming Jia & Lihong Gu, 2009. "Prior Ties, Shared Values and Cooperation in Public–Private Partnerships," Management and Organization Review, The International Association for Chinese Management Research, vol. 5(3), pages 353-374, November.
- George A. Boyne, 2002. "Public and Private Management: What's the Difference?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 97-122, January.
- Ruggie, John Gerard, 2004. "Reconstituting the Global Public Domain: Issues, Actors and Practices," Working Paper Series rwp04-031, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Philip Cooke & Loet Leydesdorff, 2006. "Regional Development in the Knowledge-Based Economy: The Construction of Advantage," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 5-15, January.
- Erik-Hans Klijn & Geert R. Teisman, 2003. "Institutional and Strategic Barriers to Public-Private Partnership: An Analysis of Dutch Cases," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 23(3), pages 137-146, July.
- Scherer, Andreas Georg & Palazzo, Guido & Baumann, Dorothée, 2006. "Global Rules and Private Actors: Toward a New Role of the Transnational Corporation in Global Governance," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 505-532, October.
- Asheim, Bjorn T. & Coenen, Lars, 2005. "Knowledge bases and regional innovation systems: Comparing Nordic clusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1173-1190, October.
- Ron Boschma, 2004. "Competitiveness of Regions from an Evolutionary Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1001-1014.
- Zhang, Zhe & Wan, Difang & Jia, Ming & Gu, Lihong, 2009. "Prior Ties, Shared Values and Cooperation in Public–Private Partnerships," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 353-374, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:ijirde:v:7:y:2016:i:1:p:36-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darren Simpson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.