Regional Dimensions of Entrepreneurship
It was Maryann Feldman who first characterized entrepreneurship as a predominantly "regional event." While the spatial, or more specifically, the regional perspective has long been ignored by entrepreneurship research, this changed in recent years. Globalization and regionalization (as two sides of the same coin), the new role of small firms in general for regional growth, and the increasing relevance of entrepreneurship policies drew several researchers' attention to the regional causes and consequences of entrepreneurial activities.
- Martin Obschonka & Eva Schmitt-Rodermund & Rainer K. Silbereisen & Samuel D. Gosling & Jeff Potter, 2013. "The Regional Distribution and Correlates of an Entrepreneurship-Prone Personality Profile in the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom: A Socioecological Perspective," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 550, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Roberta Capello & Camilla Lenzi, 2016. "Innovation modes and entrepreneurial behavioral characteristics in regional growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 875-893, December.
- Benedict C. Doepfer & AndrÃ© Habisch & Harald Pechlaner & Xenia-Isabel Poppe & Christoph Schwarz, 2016. "Entrepreneurship, shared values and the region - assessing the conditions for regional social performance of entrepreneurial behaviour," International Journal of Innovation and Regional Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 36-56.
- Michael Stuetzer & Martin Obschonka & Udo Brixy & Rolf Sternberg & Uwe Cantner, 2014.
"Regional characteristics, opportunity perception and entrepreneurial activities,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 221-244, February.
- Stuetzer, Michael & Obschonka, Martin & Brixy, Udo & Sternberg, Rolf & Cantner, Uwe, 2013. "Regional characteristics, opportunity perception and entrepreneurial activities," MPRA Paper 48277, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Audretsch & Diana Heger & Tobias Veith, 2015. "Infrastructure and entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 219-230, February.
- Heiko Bergmann & Christian Hundt & Rolf Sternberg, 2016. "What makes student entrepreneurs? On the relevance (and irrelevance) of the university and the regional context for student start-ups," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 53-76, June.
- Bosma, Niels & Hessels, Jolanda & Schutjens, Veronique & Praag, Mirjam Van & Verheul, Ingrid, 2012. "Entrepreneurship and role models," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 410-424.
- Niels Bosma & Ingrid Verheul & Jolanda Hessels & Mirjam van Praag & Veronique Schutjens, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Role Models," Scales Research Reports H201017, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Niels Bosma & Jolanda Hessels & Veronique Schutjens & Mirjam van Praag & Ingrid Verheul, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Role Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-061/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michael Fritsch & Ronney Aamoucke, 2013. "Regional public research, higher education, and innovative start-ups: an empirical investigation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 865-885, December.
- Michael Fritsch & Ronney Aamoucke, 2013. "Regional Public Research, Higher Education, and Innovative Start-ups - An Empirical Investigation," Jena Economic Research Papers 2013-026, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Hans Westlund & Johan P. Larsson & Amy Rader Olsson, 2014. "Start-ups and Local Entrepreneurial Social Capital in the Municipalities of Sweden," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(6), pages 974-994, June.
- Niels Bosma & Veronique Schutjens, 2011. "Understanding regional variation in entrepreneurial activity and entrepreneurial attitude in Europe," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(3), pages 711-742, December.
- Mendoza-Abarca, Karla I. & Anokhin, Sergey & Zamudio, César, 2015. "Uncovering the influence of social venture creation on commercial venture creation: A population ecology perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 793-807.
- Sleutjes Bart & Schutjens Veronique, 2012. "The Added Value of Neighborhood-Based Support Networks to Local Firm Growth," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-31, March.
- Hundt Christian & Sternberg Rolf, 2014. "How Did the Economic Crisis Influence New Firm Creation?: A Multilevel Approach Based Upon Data from German Regions," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 234(6), pages 722-756, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:now:fntent:0300000024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alet Heezemans)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed