Are Islamic Equity Markets “Safe Havens”? Testing the Contagion Effect using DCC-GARCH
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Taimur Baig & Ilan Goldfajn, 1999. "Financial Market Contagion in the Asian Crisis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(2), pages 1-3.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Pick, Andreas, 2007.
"Econometric issues in the analysis of contagion,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1245-1277, April.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Andreas Pick, 2004. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Contagion," CESifo Working Paper Series 1176, CESifo.
- Hashem Pesaran & Andreas Pick, 2004. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Contagion," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 67, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Pick, A., 2004. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Contagion," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0402, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Lessard, Donald R, 1973. "International Portfolio Diversification: A Multivariate Analysis for a Group of Latin American Countries," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(3), pages 619-633, June.
- Majdoub, Jihed & Mansour, Walid, 2014. "Islamic equity market integration and volatility spillover between emerging and US stock markets," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 452-470.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Bacha, Obiyathulla Ismath & Masih, A. Mansur M. & Masih, Rumi, 2015. "Risk-return characteristics of Islamic equity indices: Multi-timescales analysis," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 115-138.
- Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Rizvi, Syed Aun R. & Masih, Rumi & Masih, Mansur & Alhabshi, Syed Othman, 2014. "Stock market co-movements: Islamic versus conventional equity indices with multi-timescales analysis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 553-571.
- Yilmaz, Mustafa K. & Sensoy, Ahmet & Ozturk, Kevser & Hacihasanoglu, Erk, 2015. "Cross-sectoral interactions in Islamic equity markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-20.
- Turhan, M. Ibrahim & Sensoy, Ahmet & Hacihasanoglu, Erk, 2014. "A comparative analysis of the dynamic relationship between oil prices and exchange rates," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 397-414.
- Buerhan Saiti & Obiyathulla I. Bacha & Mansur Masih, 2014. "The diversification benefits from Islamic investment during the financial turmoil: The case for the US-based equity investors," Borsa Istanbul Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 14(4), pages 196-211, December.
- Marcello Pericoli & Massimo Sbracia, 2003. "A Primer on Financial Contagion," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 571-608, September.
- Hilliard, Jimmy E, 1979. "The Relationship between Equity Indices on World Exchanges," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 103-114, March.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-675, September.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Comovements,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2223-2261, October.
- Kristin Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 1999. "No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements," NBER Working Papers 7267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arshanapalli, Bala & Doukas, John, 1993. "International stock market linkages: Evidence from the pre- and post-October 1987 period," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 193-208, February.
- Ilhan Meric & Gulser Meric, 1997. "Co-Movements of European Equity Markets Before and After the 1987 Crash," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 1(2), pages 137-152, June.
- Vance L. Martin & Mardi Dungey, 2007. "Unravelling financial market linkages during crises," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 89-119.
- Abu Bakar, Norhidayah & Masih, Abul Mansur M., 2014. "The Dynamic Linkages between Islamic Index and the Major Stock Markets: New Evidence from Wavelet time-scale decomposition Analysis," MPRA Paper 56977, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Al-Khazali, Osamah & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Samet, Anis, 2014. "Do Islamic stock indexes outperform conventional stock indexes? A stochastic dominance approach," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 29-46.
- el Alaoui, Abdelkader O. & Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Azhar Rosly, Saiful & Masih, Mansur, 2015. "Linkages and co-movement between international stock market returns: Case of Dow Jones Islamic Dubai Financial Market index," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 53-70.
- Bakri Abdul Karim & Nor Akila Mohd. Kassim & Mohammad Affendy Arip, 2010. "The subprime crisis and Islamic stock markets integration," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 363-371, November.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Rizvi , Syed Aun R & Arshad , Shaista, 2014. "An Empirical Study of Islamic Equity as a Better Alternative during Crisis Using Multivariate GARCH DCC," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 22, pages 159-184.
- Cha, Baekin & Oh, Sekyung, 2000. "The relationship between developed equity markets and the Pacific Basin's emerging equity markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 299-322, October.
- Ahlgren, Niklas & Antell, Jan, 2010. "Stock market linkages and financial contagion: A cobreaking analysis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 157-166, May.
- Jian Yang & James Kolari & Insik Min, 2003. "Stock market integration and financial crises: the case of Asia," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(7), pages 477-486.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic financial markets; contagion effect; dynamic conditional correlation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hur:ijaraf:v:6:y:2016:i:4:p:167-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam). General contact details of provider: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.