European Pesticide Tax Schemes in Comparison: An Analysis of Experiences and Developments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Theodoros Skevas & Spiro E. Stefanou & Alfons Oude Lansink, 2012. "Can economic incentives encourage actual reductions in pesticide use and environmental spillovers?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(3), pages 267-276, May.
- Zilberman, David & Millock, Katti, 1997. "Financial incentives and pesticide use," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 133-144, April.
- Falconer, K. & Hodge, I., 2000. "Using economic incentives for pesticide usage reductions: responsiveness to input taxation and agricultural systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 175-194, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Geoffroy Enjolras & Magali Aubert, 2017.
"Are EU subsidies a springboard to the reduction of pesticide use?,"
- Aubert, M. & Enjolras, G., 2018. "Are EU subsidies a springboard to the reduction of pesticide use?," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277228, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Finger, Robert & Möhring, Niklas & Dalhaus, Tobias & Böcker, Thomas, 2017. "Revisiting Pesticide Taxation Schemes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 263-266.
- Böcker, Thomas Gerd & Finger, Robert, 2016. "A Meta-Analysis On The Own-Price Elasticity Of Demand For Pesticides," 56th Annual Conference, Bonn, Germany, September 28-30, 2016 244871, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Stephen Jess & David I. Matthews & Archie K. Murchie & Michael K. Lavery, 2018. "Pesticide Use in Northern Ireland’s Arable Crops from 1992–2016 and Implications for Future Policy Development," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-16, August.
- Buchholz, Matthias & Peth, Denise & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2018.
"Tax or green nudge? An experimental analysis of pesticide policies in Germany,"
DARE Discussion Papers
1813, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Buchholz, Matthias & Mußhoff, Oliver & Peth, Denise, 2019. "Tax or Green Nudge? An Experimental Analysis of Pesticide Policies in Germany," 59th Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 25-27, 2019 292279, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Daniel Slunge & Francisco Alpizar, 2019. "Market-Based Instruments for Managing Hazardous Chemicals: A Review of the Literature and Future Research Agenda," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-20, August.
- Ruxandra Malina Petrescu-Mag & Ioan Banatean-Dunea & Stefan Cristian Vesa & Sofia Copacinschi & Dacinia Crina Petrescu, 2019. "What Do Romanian Farmers Think about the Effects of Pesticides? Perceptions and Willingness to Pay for Bio-Pesticides," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-16, July.
- Peth, Denise & Mußhoff, Oliver & Funke, Katja & Hirschauer, Norbert, 2018.
"Nudging Farmers to Comply With Water Protection Rules – Experimental Evidence From Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 310-321.
- Peth, D. & Mushoff, O. & Funke, K. & Hirschauer, N., 2018. "Nudging farmers to comply with water protection rules Experimental evidence from Germany," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277062, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Schmidt, Stefan & Seppelt, Ralf, 2018. "Information content of global ecosystem service databases and their suitability for decision advice," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 32(PA), pages 22-40.
- Alessandro Bonanno & Valentina C. Materia & Thomas Venus & Justus Wesseler, 2017. "The Plant Protection Products (PPP) Sector in the European Union: A Special View on Herbicides," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 29(3), pages 575-595, July.
- Sijbren Cnossen, 2018. "VAT and agriculture: lessons from Europe," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 25(2), pages 519-551, April.
- Piwowar, Arkadiusz, 2018. "The Consumption of Mineral Fertilizers and Herbicides in Poland Against the Background of the European Union," Problems of World Agriculture / Problemy Rolnictwa Światowego, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, vol. 18(33, Part ), March.
- Böcker, Thomas & Britz, Wolfgang & Finger, Robert, 2017. "Modelling the Effects of a Glyphosate Ban on Weed Management in Maize Production," 57th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 13-15, 2017 261982, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
More about this item
Keywordspesticide tax; national action plan; pesticide risk indicator; integrated pest management; Sweden; Denmark; Norway; France;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:378-:d:68368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.