Rescuing Food from the Organics Waste Stream to Feed the Food Insecure: An Economic and Environmental Assessment of Australian Food Rescue Operations Using Environmentally Extended Waste Input-Output Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reynolds, Christian John & Piantadosi, Julia & Buckley, Jonathan David & Weinstein, Philip & Boland, John, 2015. "Evaluation of the environmental impact of weekly food consumption in different socio-economic households in Australia using environmentally extended input–output analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 58-64.
- Valerie Tarasuk & Joan Eakin, 2005. "Food assistance through “surplus” food: Insights from an ethnographic study of food bank work," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 22(2), pages 177-186, June.
- repec:bla:inecol:v:6:y:2002:i:1:p:39-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Reynolds & Julia Piantadosi & John Boland, 2014. "A Waste Supply-Use Analysis of Australian Waste Flows," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 3(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Mary Griffin & Jeffery Sobal & Thomas Lyson, 2009. "An analysis of a community food waste stream," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 26(1), pages 67-81, March.
- Harriet Bulkeley & Nicky Gregson, 2009. "Crossing the threshold: municipal waste policy and household waste generation," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(4), pages 929-945, April.
- Hanjra, Munir A. & Qureshi, M. Ejaz, 2010. "Global water crisis and future food security in an era of climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 365-377, October.
- repec:ags:uersfr:266207 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Lager, 1998. "Prices of Goods' and 'Bads': An Application of the Ricardian Theory of Differential Rent," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 203-223.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jagris:v:6:y:2016:i:1:p:9:d:64291 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:1817-:d:114406 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elisha Vlaholias & Kirrilly Thompson & Danielle Every & Drew Dawson, 2015. "Charity Starts … at Work? Conceptual Foundations for Research with Businesses that Donate to Food Redistribution Organisations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-25, June.
- repec:gam:jagris:v:8:y:2018:i:12:p:200-:d:190528 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian John Reynolds & Miranda Mirosa & Brent Clothier, 2016. "New Zealand’s Food Waste: Estimating the Tonnes, Value, Calories and Resources Wasted," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-15, February.
- repec:spr:jecstr:v:7:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s40008-018-0113-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsfood waste; food rescue; Australia; charity; input-output; life cycle analysis; food security; emergency food aid; food poverty; food bank;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:7:y:2015:i:4:p:4707-4726:d:48497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.