Why is the market share of adjustable-rate mortgages so low?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Johannes C. Stroebel & John B. Taylor, 2009. "Estimated Impact of the Fed's Mortgage-Backed Securities Purchase Program," NBER Working Papers 15626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koijen, Ralph S.J. & Hemert, Otto Van & Nieuwerburgh, Stijn Van, 2009. "Mortgage timing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 292-324, August.
- Adrian, Tobias & Crump, Richard K. & Moench, Emanuel, 2013.
"Pricing the term structure with linear regressions,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 110-138.
- Tobias Adrian & Emanuel Moench, 2008. "Pricing the term structure with linear regressions," Staff Reports 340, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian P. Sack, 2011.
"Large-scale asset purchases by the Federal Reserve: did they work?,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 41-59.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian P. Sack, 2010. "Large-scale asset purchases by the Federal Reserve: did they work?," Staff Reports 441, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- James Vickery, 2007. "Interest rates and consumer choice in the residential mortgage market: a summary," Proceedings 1041, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Guy Debelle, 2004. "Household debt and the macroeconomy," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yi Wen & Xiaochuan Xing & Patrick Pintus, 2016. "Interest Rate Dynamics, Variable-Rate Loans, and the Business Cycle," 2016 Meeting Papers 293, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Andreas Fuster & James Vickery, 2015. "Securitization and the Fixed-Rate Mortgage," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 28(1), pages 176-211.
- Adrien Auclert, 2015. "Monetary Policy and the Redistribution Channel," 2015 Meeting Papers 381, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Cristian Badarinza & John Y. Campbell & Tarun Ramadorai, 2014.
"What Calls to ARMs? International Evidence on Interest Rates and the Choice of Adjustable-Rate Mortgages,"
NBER Working Papers
20408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Badarinza, Cristian & Campbell, John Y & Ramadorai, Tarun, 2014. "What Calls to ARMs? International Evidence on Interest Rates and the Choice of Adjustable Rate Mortgages," CEPR Discussion Papers 10117, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Masashi Saito & Yoshihiko Hogen, 2014. "Portfolio Rebalancing Following the Bank of Japan's Government Bond Purchases: Empirical Analysis Using Data on Bank Loans and Investment Flows," Bank of Japan Research Papers 14-06-19, Bank of Japan.
- Hancock, Diana & Passmore, Wayne, 2016. "Cost of funds indexed mortgage contracts with government-backed catastrophic insurance (COFI-Cats): A realistic alternative to the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 109-130.
- Pintus, Patrick A. & Wen, Yi & Xing, Xiaochuan, 2015. "Interest Rate Dynamics, Variable-Rate Loan Contracts, and the Business Cycle," Working Papers 2015-32, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 28 Mar 2016.
- P. A. Pintus & Y. Wen & X. Xing, 2016.
"The Inverted Leading Indicator Property and Redistribution Effect of the Interest Rate,"
616, Banque de France.
- Pintus, Patrick A. & Wen, Yi & Xing, Xiaochuan, 2016. "The Inverted Leading Indicator Property and Redistribution Effect of the Interest Rate," Working Papers 2016-27, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 22 Feb 2017.
- Davis, Morris A. & Van Nieuwerburgh, Stijn, 2015. "Housing, Finance, and the Macroeconomy," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsAdjustable rate mortgages ; Households - Economic aspects ; Economic surveys ; Interest rates ; Mortgages;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednci:y:2010:i:dec:n:v.16no.8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.