A suggestion for oversimplifying the theory of money
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Makinen, Gail E & Woodward, G Thomas, 1986. "Some Anecdotal Evidence Relating to the Legal Restrictions Theory of the Demand for Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(2), pages 260-265, April.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1982. "Interest rates and currency prices in a two-country world," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 335-359.
- John Bryant & Neil Wallace, 1984. "A Price Discrimination Analysis of Monetary Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 279-288.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1982. "The Real-Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory: A Reconsideration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1212-1236, December.
- Hugh Rockoff, 1986. "Institutional Requirements for Stable Free Banking," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 6(2), pages 617-639, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2003.
"Helicopter Money: Irredeemable Fiat Money and the Liquidity Trap,"
NBER Working Papers
10163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2004. "Helicopter Money: Irredeemable Fiat Money and the Liquidity Trap," CEPR Discussion Papers 4202, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmqr:y:1990:i:win:p:19-26:n:v.14no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jannelle Ruswick). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbmnus.html .