A legal restrictions theory of the demand for "money" and the role of monetary policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William J. Baumol, 1952. "The Transactions Demand for Cash: An Inventory Theoretic Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 545-556.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- Neil Wallace, 1979. "Why markets in foreign exchange are different from other markets," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- John Bryant & Neil Wallace, 1983. "A price discrimination analysis of monetary policy," Staff Report 51, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1969. "A Re-Examination of the Modigliani-Miller Theorem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 784-793, December.
- John H. Kareken & Neil Wallace, 1978. "International monetary reform: the feasible alternatives," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1982. "The Real-Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory: A Reconsideration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1212-1236, December.
- Hall, Robert E, 1982. "Monetary Trends in the United States and the United Kingdom: A Review from the Perspective of New Developments in Monetary Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 1552-1556, December.
- anonymous, 1978. "Does the sinking U.S. dollar mean the float isn't working?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmqr:y:1983:i:win:n:v.7no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jannelle Ruswick). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbmnus.html .