Does consumer sentiment predict regional consumption?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas A. Garrett & Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang, 2004. "Does consumer sentiment predict regional consumption?," Working Papers 2003-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matsusaka, John G & Sbordone, Argia M, 1995. "Consumer Confidence and Economic Fluctuations," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(2), pages 296-318, April.
- Eric M. Leeper, 1992. "Consumer attitudes: king for a day," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jul, pages 1-15.
- Allenby, Greg M & Jen, Lichung & Leone, Robert P, 1996. "Economic Trends and Being Trendy: The Influence of Consumer Confidence on Retail Fashion Sales," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(1), pages 103-111, January.
- Carroll, Christopher D & Fuhrer, Jeffrey C & Wilcox, David W, 1994.
"Does Consumer Sentiment Forecast Household Spending? If So, Why?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1397-1408, December.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Jeffrey C. Fuhrer & David W. Wilcox, 1991. "Does consumer sentiment affect household spending? If so why?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 168, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christopher D. Carroll & Jeffery C. Fuhrer & David W. Wilcox, 1994. "RATS code for Does Consumer Sentiment Forecast Household Spending? If So, Why?," QM&RBC Codes 49, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Jason Bram & Sydney Ludvigson, 1998.
"Does consumer confidence forecast household expenditure? a sentiment index horse race,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 59-78.
- Jason Bram & Sydney Ludvigson, 1997. "Does consumer confidence forecast household expenditure?: A sentiment index horse race," Research Paper 9708, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Batchelor, Roy & Dua, Pami, 1998. "Improving macro-economic forecasts: The role of consumer confidence," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-81, March.
- E. Philip Howrey, 2001. "The Predictive Power of the Index of Consumer Sentiment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 32(1), pages 175-216.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douglas Lamdin, 2008. "Does Consumer Sentiment Foretell Revolving Credit Use?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 279-288, June.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Dimitrios D. Thomakos, 2007.
"Consumer Confidence and Elections,"
Working Paper series
42_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Gikas Hardouvelis & Dimitrios Thomakos, 2007. "Consumer Confidence and Elections," Working Papers 0003, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A & Thomakos, Dimitrios D, 2008. "Consumer Confidence and Elections," CEPR Discussion Papers 6701, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gelper, Sarah & Croux, Christophe, 2007. "Multivariate out-of-sample tests for Granger causality," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3319-3329, April.
- Edward M Feasel & Nobuyuki Kanazawa, 2013. "Sentiment toward Trading Partners and International Trade," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 309-327.
- Paul S. Calem & Matthew Cannon & Leonard I. Nakamura, 2011.
"Credit cycle and adverse selection effects in consumer credit markets -- evidence from the HELOC market,"
11-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Calem, P. & Cannon, M. & Nakamura, L.I., 2011. "Credit Cycle and Adverse Selection Effects in Consumer Credit Markets – Evidence from the HELOC Market," Discussion Paper 2011-086, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Claveria, Oscar & Pons, Ernest & Ramos, Raul, 2007. "Business and consumer expectations and macroeconomic forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 47-69.
- repec:rim:rimwps:42-07 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chau, Frankie & Deesomsak, Rataporn & Koutmos, Dimitrios, 2016. "Does investor sentiment really matter?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 221-232.
- Dudek, Sławomir, 2008. "Consumer Survey Data and short-term forecasting of households consumption expenditures in Poland," MPRA Paper 19818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aye, Goodness C. & Balcilar, Mehmet & Gupta, Rangan & Majumdar, Anandamayee, 2015.
"Forecasting aggregate retail sales: The case of South Africa,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 66-79.
- Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Anandamayee Majumdar, 2013. "Forecasting Aggregate Retail Sales: The Case of South Africa," Working Papers 201312, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar Author-Name-First Mehmet & Rangan Gupta & Anandamayee Majumdar, 2014. "Forecasting Aggregate Retail Sales: The Case of South Africa," Working Papers 15-21, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Gizelis, Demetrios & Chowdhury, Shah, 2016. "Investor Sentiment and Stock Returns: Evidence from the Athens Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 71243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albuquerque, Bruno & Krustev, Georgi, 2015.
"Debt overhang and deleveraging in the US household sector: gauging the impact on consumption,"
Working Paper Series
1843, European Central Bank.
- Bruno Albuquerque & Georgi Krustev, 2015. "Debt Overhang and Deleveraging in the US Household Sector: Gauging the Impact on Consumption," Staff Working Papers 15-47, Bank of Canada.
- Chau, Frankie & Deesomsak, Rataporn, 2014. "Does linkage fuel the fire? The transmission of financial stress across the markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 57-70.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer behavior ; Consumption (Economics) ; Regional economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2005:i:mar:p:123-135:n:v.87no.2,pt.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .