Margin lending and stock market volatility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hsieh, David A & Miller, Merton H, 1990. " Margin Regulation and Stock Market Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 3-29, March.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis, 1988. "Margin requirements and stock market volatility," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sum, pages 80-89.
- R. Corwin Grube & O. Maurice Joy, 1988. "Some Evidence On The Efficacy Of Security Credit Regulation In The Otc Equity Market," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 11(2), pages 137-142, June.
- Goldberg, Michael A, 1985. "The Relevance of Margin Regulations: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 521-527, November.
- Paul Kofman & James T. Moser, 2001.
"Stock margins and the condition probability of price reversals,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 2-12.
- Paul Kofman & James T. Moser, 1993. "Stock margins and the conditional probability of price reversals," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation 93-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Schwert, C.W., 1989. "Margin Requirements And Stock Volatility," Papers t6, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Kupiec, Paul H & Sharpe, Steven A, 1991.
" Animal Spirits, Margin Requirements, and Stock Price Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 717-731, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989. "Animal spirits, margin requirements, and stock price volatility," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 91, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul H. Kupiec & Steven A. Sharpe, 1990. "Animal spirits, margin requirements, and stock price volatility," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 127, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Grube, R Corwin & Joy, O Maurice & Panton, Don B, 1979. "Market Responses to Federal Reserve Changes in the Initial Margin Requirement," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(3), pages 659-674, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1989. "Initial margin requirements and stock returns volatility: another look," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Largay, James A, III, 1973. "100" Margins: Combating Speculation in Individual Security Issues," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(4), pages 973-986, September.
- Gikas Hardouvelis & Steve Peristiani, 1989. "Do margin requirements matter? Evidence from U.S. and Japanese stock markets," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Win, pages 16-35.
- Seguin, Paul J., 1990. "Stock volatility and margin trading," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 101-121, August.
- Grube, R. Corwin & Joy, O. Maurice & Howe, John S., 1987. "Some empirical evidence on stock returns and security credit regulation in the OTC equity market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 17-31, March.
- Largay, James A, III & West, Richard R, 1973. "Margin Changes and Stock Price Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 328-339, Part I, M.
- Salinger, M.A., 1989. "Stock Market Margin Requirements And Volatility: Implications For Regulation Of Stock Index Futures," Papers t4, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Eckardt, Walter L, Jr & Rogoff, Donald L, 1976. "100" Margins Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(3), pages 995-1000, June.
- Peter Fortune, 1999. "Are stock returns different over weekends? a jump diffusion analysis of the "weekend effect"," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 3-19.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ilhyock Shim & Goetz von Peter, 2007. "Distress selling and asset market feedback," BIS Working Papers 229, Bank for International Settlements.
- Sheng Guo, 2014. "Margin Requirements and Portfolio Optimization: A Geometric Approach," Working Papers 1406, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Guanghui Huang & Weiqing Gu & Wenting Xing & Hongyu Li, 2012. "Active margin system for margin loans using cash and stock as collateral and its application in Chinese market," Papers 1202.5180, arXiv.org.
- Brumm, Johannes & Grill, Michael & Kubler, Felix & Schmedders, Karl, 2015. "Margin regulation and volatility," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 54-68.
- Michael Grill & Karl Schmedders & Felix Kubler & Johannes Brumm, 2012. "Margin Requirements and Asset Prices," 2012 Meeting Papers 533, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hanousek, Jan & Novotný, Jan, 2012.
"Price jumps in Visegrad-country stock markets: An empirical analysis,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 184-201.
- Jan Novotny, 2010. "Price Jumps in Visegrad Country Stock Markets: An Empirical Analysis," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp412, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Guanghui Huang & Wenting Xin & Weiqing Gu, 2012. "Active margin system for margin loans and its application in Chinese market: using cash and randomly selected stock as collateral," Papers 1202.4913, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2012.
- Domian, Dale L. & Racine, Marie D., 2006. "An empirical analysis of margin debt," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 151-163.
- John H. Huston & Roger W. Spencer, 2009. "Speculative excess and the Federal Reserve's response," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(1), pages 46-61, March.
- Zhang, Ting & Li, Honggang, 2013. "Buying on margin, selling short in an agent-based market model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(18), pages 4075-4082.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbne:y:2001:p:3-25:n:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.