Animal spirits, margin requirements, and stock price volatility
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Kupiec, Paul H & Sharpe, Steven A, 1991. " Animal Spirits, Margin Requirements, and Stock Price Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 717-731, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989. "Animal spirits, margin requirements, and stock price volatility," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 91, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ilhyock Shim & Goetz von Peter, 2007. "Distress selling and asset market feedback," BIS Working Papers 229, Bank for International Settlements.
- Paul Kupiec, 1998.
"Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since the Crash?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 231-255, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since The Crash?," FMG Special Papers sp97, Financial Markets Group.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin requirements, volatility, and market integrity: what have we learned since the crash?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lillyn L. Teh & Werner F. M. de Bondt, 1997. "Herding Behavior and Stock Returns: An Exploratory Investigation," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 133(II), pages 293-324, June.
- Wen-Chung Guo & Frank Wang & Ho-Mou Wu, 2011.
"Financial leverage and market volatility with diverse beliefs,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 47(2), pages 337-364, June.
- Wen-Chung Guo & Frank Yong Wang & Ho-Mou Wu, 2009. "Financial Leverage and Market Volatility with Diverse Beliefs," Finance Working Papers 22887, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Middleton, Elliott, 1996. "Adaptation level and 'animal spirits'," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 479-498, August.
- Chen, Chao & Jeng, Jau-Lian, 1996. "The impact of price limits on foreign currency futures' price volatility and market efficiency," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 13-25.
- Brumm, Johannes & Grill, Michael & Kubler, Felix & Schmedders, Karl, 2015. "Margin regulation and volatility," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 54-68.
- Hsin, Chin-Wen & Guo, Wen-Chung & Tseng, Seng-Su & Luo, Wen-Chih, 2003. "The impact of speculative trading on stock return volatility: the evidence from Taiwan," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 243-270, December.
- Sheng Guo, 2014. "Margin Requirements and Portfolio Optimization: A Geometric Approach," Working Papers 1406, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Filiz Eryilmaz, 2015. "Modelling Stock Market Volatility: The Case Of Bist-100," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 5, pages 37-47, October.
- Alan Guoming Huang & Eric Hughson & J. Chris Leach, 2016.
"Generational Asset Pricing, Equity Puzzles, and Cyclicality,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 22, pages 52-71, October.
- Alan Guoming Huang & Eric Hughson & J. Chris Leach, 2016. "Code and data files for "Generational Asset Pricing, Equity Puzzles, and Cyclicality"," Computer Codes 13-198, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Albert Menkveld & Emiliano Pagnotta & Marius Andrei Zoican, 2016. "Does Central Clearing Affect Price Stability? Evidence from Nordic Equity Markets," Working Papers hal-01253702, HAL.
- William Schwert, G., 2002.
"Stock volatility in the new millennium: how wacky is Nasdaq?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-26, January.
- G. William Schwert, 2001. "Stock Volatility in the New Millennium: How Wacky Is Nasdaq?," NBER Working Papers 8436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Fortune, 2001. "Margin lending and stock market volatility," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 3-25.
More about this item
KeywordsMargins (Security trading) ; Stock - Prices;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (FRB Librarian). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.