An empirical analysis of margin debt
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Steve Peristiani, 1990.
"Margin requirements, speculative trading and stock price fluctuations: the case of Japan,"
9006, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Stavros Peristiani, 1992. "Margin Requirements, Speculative Trading, and Stock Price Fluctuations: The Case of Japan," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1333-1370.
- Peter Fortune, 2001. "Margin lending and stock market volatility," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 3-25.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997.
"Margin requirements, volatility, and market integrity: what have we learned since the crash?,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul Kupiec, 1998. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since the Crash?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 231-255, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since The Crash?," FMG Special Papers sp97, Financial Markets Group.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis, 1988. "Margin requirements and stock market volatility," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sum, pages 80-89.
- Kenneth A. Kim, 2002. "Initial Margin Requirements, Volatility, and the Individual Investor: Insights from Japan," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 1-15, 02.
- Officer, R R, 1973. "The Variability of the Market Factor of the New York Stock Exchange," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 434-53, July.
- Christian Weller, 2002. "Policy on the margin: Evaluating the impact of margin debt requirements on stock valuations," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 26(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Panayiotis Theodossiou, 2002. "The Asymmetric Relation Between Initial Margin Requirements and Stock Market Volatility Across Bull and Bear Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(5), pages 1525-1560.
- Thomas Gale Moore, 1966. "Stock Market Margin Requirements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 158.
- Hsieh, David A & Miller, Merton H, 1990. " Margin Regulation and Stock Market Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 3-29, March.
- Peter Fortune, 2002. "Security loans at banks and nonbanks: Regulation U," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Q 4, pages 19-40.
- Kumar, Raman & Ferris, Stephen P & Chance, Don M, 1991. "The Differential Impact of Federal Reserve Margin Requirements on Stock Return Volatility," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 343-66, August.
- Luckett, Dudley G, 1982. " On the Effectiveness of the Federal Reserve's Margin Requirement," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 783-95, June.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Testing for causality : A personal viewpoint," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 329-352, May.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Chance, Don M., 1988. "Margin requirements and stock market volatility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 251-254.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:15:y:2006:i:2:p:151-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.