An empirical analysis of margin debt
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hsieh, David A & Miller, Merton H, 1990. " Margin Regulation and Stock Market Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 3-29, March.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis, 1988. "Margin requirements and stock market volatility," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sum, pages 80-89.
- Thomas Gale Moore, 1966. "Stock Market Margin Requirements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 158-158.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Stavros Peristiani, 1992.
"Margin Requirements, Speculative Trading, and Stock Price Fluctuations: The Case of Japan,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1333-1370.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Steve Peristiani, 1990. "Margin requirements, speculative trading and stock price fluctuations: the case of Japan," Research Paper 9006, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Chance, Don M., 1988. "Margin requirements and stock market volatility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 251-254.
- Peter Fortune, 2001. "Margin lending and stock market volatility," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 3-25.
- Luckett, Dudley G, 1982. " On the Effectiveness of the Federal Reserve's Margin Requirement," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 783-795, June.
- Paul Kupiec, 1998.
"Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since the Crash?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 231-255, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since The Crash?," FMG Special Papers sp97, Financial Markets Group.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin requirements, volatility, and market integrity: what have we learned since the crash?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kenneth A. Kim, 2002. "Initial Margin Requirements, Volatility, and the Individual Investor: Insights from Japan," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Kumar, Raman & Ferris, Stephen P & Chance, Don M, 1991. "The Differential Impact of Federal Reserve Margin Requirements on Stock Return Volatility," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 343-366, August.
- Officer, R R, 1973. "The Variability of the Market Factor of the New York Stock Exchange," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 434-453, July.
- Peter Fortune, 2002. "Security loans at banks and nonbanks: Regulation U," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Q 4, pages 19-40.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Panayiotis Theodossiou, 2002. "The Asymmetric Relation Between Initial Margin Requirements and Stock Market Volatility Across Bull and Bear Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(5), pages 1525-1560.
- Christian Weller, 2002. "Policy on the margin: Evaluating the impact of margin debt requirements on stock valuations," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 26(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Testing for causality : A personal viewpoint," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 329-352, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:15:y:2006:i:2:p:151-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.