Stock Market Margin Requirements And Volatility: Implications For Regulation Of Stock Index Futures
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Kupiec, 1998.
"Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since the Crash?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 231-255, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since The Crash?," FMG Special Papers sp97, Financial Markets Group.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin requirements, volatility, and market integrity: what have we learned since the crash?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- James T. Moser, 1992. "Determining margin for futures contracts: the role of private interests and the relevance of excess volatility," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Mar, pages 2-18.
- Sheng Guo, 2014. "Margin Requirements and Portfolio Optimization: A Geometric Approach," Working Papers 1406, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Joyce Hsieh & Chien-Chung Nieh, 2010. "An overview of Asian equity markets," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 24(2), pages 19-51, November.
- Yang-Ho Park & Nicole Abruzzo, 2016. "An Empirical Analysis of Futures Margin Changes: Determinants and Policy Implications," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 65-100, February.
- Chen, Chao & Jeng, Jau-Lian, 1996. "The impact of price limits on foreign currency futures' price volatility and market efficiency," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 13-25.
- Chng, Michael T., 2004. "The trading dynamics of close-substitute futures markets: evidence of margin policy spillover effects," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4-5), pages 463-483.
- Ito, Takatoshi & Lin, Wen-Ling, 2001. "Race to the center: competition for the Nikkei 225 futures trade," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 219-242, July.
- Paul Kofman & James T. Moser, 2001.
"Stock margins and the condition probability of price reversals,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 2-12.
- Paul Kofman & James T. Moser, 1993. "Stock margins and the conditional probability of price reversals," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation 93-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Peter Fortune, 2001. "Margin lending and stock market volatility," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 3-25.
- Zhang, Ting & Li, Honggang, 2013. "Buying on margin, selling short in an agent-based market model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(18), pages 4075-4082.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial market ; banks ; speculation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:colufu:t4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gsclbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .