Distribución del ingreso y bienestar social en México 1984-2008
Following a methodology proposed by Dalton (1920) and further developed by Atkinson (1970), among others, we evaluate whether the changes in Mexico's income distribution during 1984-2008 have meant meaningful changes in its population social welfare. Inequality indexes were estimated under different assumptions about inequality aversion and sensitivity to income transfers among different population segments. In addition, households income were adjusted for the number of children and economies of scale.
Volume (Year): 27 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meza González, Liliana, 2005. "Mercados laborales locales y desigualdad salarial en México," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(285), pages 133-178, enero-mar.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Borraz Fernando & Lopez-Cordova Jose Ernesto, 2007. "Has Globalization Deepened Income Inequality in Mexico?," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-57, February.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Paul Makdissi, 2004.
"Restricted and Unrestricted Dominance for Welfare, Inequality, and Poverty Orderings,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 6(1), pages 145-164, 02.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Makdissi, Paul, 2003. "Restricted and Unrestricted Dominance for Welfare, Inequality and Poverty Orderings," Cahiers de recherche 0303, CIRPEE.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Makdissi, Paul, 2000. "Restricted and Unrestricted Dominance for Welfare, Inequality and Poverty Orderings," Cahiers de recherche 0001, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Popli, Gurleen, 2006. "The rising wage inequality in Mexico, 1984-2000: A distributional analysis," MPRA Paper 399, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Popli, Gurleen K., 2010.
"Trade Liberalization and the Self-Employed in Mexico,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 803-813, June.
- Popli, Gurleen K., 2008. "Trade Liberalization and the Self-employed in Mexico," Working Paper Series RP2008/05, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gerardo Esquivel, 2011.
"The Dynamics of Income Inequality in Mexico since NAFTA,"
ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION,
ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION.
- Gerardo Esquivel, 2010. "The dynamics of income inequality in Mexico since NAFTA," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2010-09, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:27:y:2012:i:2:p:347-378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.