Does corruption foster growth in Bangladesh?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Lorenzo Pellegrini & Reyer Gerlagh, 2004. "Corruption's Effect on Growth and its Transmission Channels," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 429-456, August.
- Neeman Zvika & Paserman M. Daniele & Simhon Avi, 2008.
"Corruption and Openness,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-40, December.
- Neeman, Zvika & Paserman, Daniele & Simhon, Avi, 2003. "Corruption And Openness," Discussion Papers 14977, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Zvika Neeman & Daniele Paserman & Avi Simhon, 2006. "Corruption and Openness," 2006 Meeting Papers 164, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Zvika Neeman & M. Daniele Paserman & Avi Simhon, 2004. "Corruption and Openness," Discussion Paper Series dp353, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Neeman, Zvika & Paserman, M. Daniele & Simhon, Avi, 2003. "Corruption and Openness," CEPR Discussion Papers 4057, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nobuo Akai & Yusaku Horiuchi & Masayo Sakata, 2005.
"Short-run and Long-run Effects of Corruption on Economic Growth: Evidence from State-Level Cross-Section Data for the United States,"
International and Development Economics Working Papers
idec05-5, International and Development Economics.
- Nobuo Akai & Yusaku Horiuchi & Masayo Sakata, 2005. "Short-run and Long-run Effects of Corruption on Economic Growth: Evidence from State-Level Cross-Section Data for the United States," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-348, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Philip Shaw & Marina‐Selini Katsaiti & Marius Jurgilas, 2011. "Corruption And Growth Under Weak Identification," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(1), pages 264-275, January.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2004. "Does corruption hamper efficiency? A frontier analysis," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8382, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Blackburn, Keith & Bose, Niloy & Emranul Haque, M., 2006.
"The incidence and persistence of corruption in economic development,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2447-2467, December.
- K Blackburn & N Bose & M E Haque, 2003. "The Incidence and Persistence of Corruption in Economic Development," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 34, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2007.
"Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? Firm level evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 63-75, May.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2000. "Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? - firm-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2485, The World Bank.
- Rahman, Aminur & Kisunko, Gregory & Kapoor, Kapil, 2000. "Estimating the effects of corruption - implications for Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2479, The World Bank.
- Mo, Pak Hung, 2001. "Corruption and Economic Growth," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 66-79, March.
- Bigsten, Arne & Moene, Karl Ove, 1996. "Growth and Rent Dissipation: The Case of Kenya," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 5(2), pages 177-198, June.
- Aidt, T. & Dutta, J. & Vania Sena, 2005. "Growth, Governance and Corruption in the Presence of Threshold Effects: Theory and Evidence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0540, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saidi, Hichem & El Montasser, Ghassen & Ajmi, Noomen, 2018. "Renewable Energy, Quality of Institutions and Economic Growth in MENA Countries: a Panel Cointegration Approach," MPRA Paper 84055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saha, Shrabani & Ben Ali, Mohamed Sami, 2017. "Corruption and Economic Development: New Evidence from the Middle Eastern and North African Countries," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 83-95.
- Garcia Fortuny, Judit, 2014. "The Effects of Corruption and Seigniorage on Growth and Inflation," Working Papers 2072/246961, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Huang, Chiung-Ju, 2016. "Is corruption bad for economic growth? Evidence from Asia-Pacific countries," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 247-256.
- M. Wasiqur Rahman Khan & Haydory Akbar Ahmed, 2012. "Dynamics of foreign earnings, assistance and debt servicing in Bangladesh," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 74-84, April.
- Farooq, Abdul & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric, 2013. "Does corruption impede economic growth in Pakistan?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 622-633.
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption; Economic growth; Organizations; Politics; Bangladesh;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:ijdipp:v:9:y:2010:i:3:p:246-262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.