Do the Commons Help Augment Mutual Insurance Among the Poor?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- De Weerdt, Joachim & Dercon, Stefan, 2006.
"Risk-sharing networks and insurance against illness,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 337-356, December.
- Stefan Dercon & Joachim De Weerdt, 2002. "Risk-sharing networks and insurance against illness," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-16, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Stefan Dercon & Joachim de Weerdt, 2004. "Risk-Sharing Networks And Insurance Against Illness," Development and Comp Systems 0409019, EconWPA.
- Delacote, Philippe, 2007. "Agricultural expansion, forest products as safety nets, and deforestation," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 235-249, April.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1994.
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 539-591, May.
- Robert M. Townsend, "undated". "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Townsend, R.M., 1991. "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 91-3, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Rose, Elaina, 2001. "Ex ante and ex post labor supply response to risk in a low-income area," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 371-388, April.
- Yoshito Takasaki & Bradford L. Barham & Oliver T. Coomes, 2010.
"Smoothing Income against Crop Flood Losses in Amazonia: Rain Forest or Rivers as a Safety Net?,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 48-63, February.
- Takasaki, Yoshito & Barham, Bradford L. & Coomes, Oliver T., 2007. "Smoothing Income against Crop Flood Losses in Amazonia: Rain Forest or Rivers as a Safety Net," Staff Paper Series 518, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Alix-Garcia, Jennifer, 2008. "An exploration of the positive effect of inequality on common property forests," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 92-105, August.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 1997. "Wealth Inequality and Efficiency in the Commons: Part I: The Unregulated Case," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 451-482, October.
- McSweeney, Kendra, 2005. "Natural insurance, forest access, and compounded misfortune: Forest resources in smallholder coping strategies before and after Hurricane Mitch, northeastern Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1453-1471, September.
- Anjini Kochar, 1999. "Smoothing Consumption by Smoothing Income: Hours-of-Work Responses to Idiosyncratic Agricultural Shocks in Rural India," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 50-61, February.
- MR Rosenzweig, 2001. "Savings behaviour in low-income countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 40-54, Spring.
- Morris, Saul S. & Neidecker-Gonzales, Oscar & Carletto, Calogero & Munguia, Marcial & Medina, Juan Manuel & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Hurricane Mitch and the Livelihoods of the Rural Poor in Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 49-60, January.
- Bertram, Geoffrey, 1986. ""Sustainable development" in Pacific micro-economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 809-822, July.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Francois, Patrick, 2005.
"Commons as insurance and the welfare impact of privatization,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 211-231, February.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Patrick Francois, 2003. "Commons as Insurance and the Welfare Impact of Privatization," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/069, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- BALAND, Jean-Marie & FRANCOIS, Patrick, 2005. "Commons as insurance and the welfare impact of privatization," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1782, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Lund, Susan, 2003.
"Risk-sharing networks in rural Philippines,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 261-287, August.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Susan Lund, "undated". "Risk Sharing Networks in Rural Philippines," Working Papers 97014, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Susan Lund, 2000. "Risk-Sharing Networks in Rural Philippines," Economics Series Working Papers 10, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor, 2000. "Consumption smoothing in island economies: Can public insurance reduce welfare?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1225-1258, June.
- Takasaki, Yoshito & Barham, Bradford L. & Coomes, Oliver T., 2004. "Risk coping strategies in tropical forests: floods, illnesses, and resource extraction," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 203-224, May.
- Cochrane, John H, 1991. "A Simple Test of Consumption Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 957-976, October.
- Mace, Barbara J, 1991. "Full Insurance in the Presence of Aggregate Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 928-956, October.
- Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & Erin O. Sills, 2001. "Do Tropical Forests Provide Natural Insurance? The Microeconomics of Non-Timber Forest Product Collection in the Brazilian Amazon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(4), pages 595-612.
- Fisher, Monica & Shively, Gerald, 2005. "Can Income Programs Reduce Tropical Forest Pressure? Income Shocks and Forest Use in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1115-1128, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takasaki, Yoshito, 2016.
"Learning from disaster: community-based marine protected areas in Fiji,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 53-77, February.
- Yoshito Takasaki, 2013. "Learning from disaster: Community-based marine protected areas in Fiji," Tsukuba Economics Working Papers 2013-001, Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Takasaki, Yoshito, 2017. "Natural Disaster, Poverty, and Development: An Introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 2-15.
- Shackleton, Charlie M. & Pandey, Ashok K., 2014. "Positioning non-timber forest products on the development agenda," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-7.
More about this item
Keywordscommons self-insurance mutual insurance Pacific Fiji;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:39:y:2011:i:3:p:429-438. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.