National Trade Policies and Smuggling in Africa: The Case of The Gambia and Senegal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yongzheng Yang & Sanjeev Gupta, 2005. "Regional Trade Arrangements in Africa; Past Performance and the Way Forward," IMF Working Papers 05/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Jagdish Bhagwati & Bent Hansen, 1973. "A Theoretical Analysis of Smuggling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(2), pages 172-187.
- Alan Deardorff & Wolfgang Stolper, 1990.
"Effects of smuggling under african conditions: A factual, institutional and analytic discussion,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 126(1), pages 116-141, March.
- Deardorff, A.V. & Stolper, W.F., 1988. "Effects Of Smuggling Under African Conditions: A Factual, Institutional And Analytic Discussion," Working Papers 230, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- O'Connell, Stephen A, 1992. "Uniform Commercial Policy, Illegal Trade, and the Real Exchange Rate: A Theoretical Analysis," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 459-479, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Howson, Cynthia, 2013. "Adverse Incorporation and Microfinance among Cross-Border Traders in Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 199-208.
- Gardner, Leigh, 2015.
"The curious incident of the franc in the Gambia: exchange rate instability and imperial monetary systems in the 1920s,"
Financial History Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 291-314, December.
- Gardner, Leigh, 2015. "The curious incident of the franc in the Gambia: exchange rate instability and imperial monetary systems in the 1920s," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65070, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ahmadou Aly Mbaye & Nancy Benjamin & Stephen Golub & Jean-Jacques Ekomie, 2014. "The Urban Informal Sector in Francophone Africa: Large Versus Small Enterprises in Benin, Burkina Faso and Senegal," Working Papers 201405, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Nancy Benjamin & Ahmadou Aly Mbaye, 2012.
"The Informal Sector in Francophone Africa : Firm Size, Productivity, and Institutions
[Les entreprises informelles de l'Afrique de l'ouest francophone : Taille, productivité et institutions]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 9364.
- Janet Ceglowski & Stephen Golub & Aly Mbaye & Varun Prasad, 2015. "Can Africa Compete with China in Manufacturing? The Role of Relative Unit Labor Costs," Working Papers 201504, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
More about this item
Keywordssmuggling international trade re-exports Africa Senegal The Gambia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:37:y:2009:i:3:p:595-606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .