Regional Integration and Informal Trade in Africa: Evidence from Benin’s Borders
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Sami Bensassi & Joachim Jarreau & Cristina Mitaritonna, 2019. "Regional Integration and Informal Trade in Africa: Evidence from Benin’s Borders," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 28(1), pages 89-118.
- Cristina Mitaritonna & Sami Bensassi & Joachim Jarreau, 2017. "Regional Integration and Informal Trade in Africa: Evidence from Benin's Borders," Working Papers 2017-21, CEPII research center.
References listed on IDEAS
- David L. Hummels & Georg Schaur, 2013. "Time as a Trade Barrier," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(7), pages 2935-2959, December.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Narciso, Gaia, 2008.
"Differentiated products and evasion of import tariffs,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 208-222, December.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Narciso, Gaia, 2007. "Differentiated products and evasion of import tariffs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4123, The World Bank.
- Javorcik, Beata & Narciso, Gaia, 2008. "Differentiated Products and Evasion of Import Tariffs," CEPR Discussion Papers 6804, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rauch, James E., 1999. "Networks versus markets in international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 7-35, June.
- Charlotte Emlinger & Florence Jacquet & Emmanuelle Chevassus Lozza, 2008.
"Tariffs and other trade costs: assessing obstacles to Mediterranean countries' access to EU-15 fruit and vegetable markets,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 409-438, December.
- Charlotte Emlinger & Florence Jacquet & Emmanuelle Chevassus-Lozza, 2008. "Tariffs and other trade costs: assessing obstacles to Mediterranean countries'access to EU-15 fruit and vegetable markets," Post-Print hal-01172893, HAL.
- Raymond Fisman & Shang-Jin Wei, 2004.
"Tax Rates and Tax Evasion: Evidence from "Missing Imports" in China,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(2), pages 471-500, April.
- Raymond Fisman & Shang-Jin Wei, 2001. "Tax Rates and Tax Evasion: Evidence from "Missing Imports" in China," NBER Working Papers 8551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fisman, Raymond & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2001. "Tax Rates and Tax Evasion: Evidence from 'Missing Imports' in China," CEPR Discussion Papers 3089, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sequeira, Sandra & Djankov, Simeon, 2014. "Corruption and firm behavior: Evidence from African ports," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 277-294.
- Antoine Bouët & Devesh Roy, 2012.
"Trade protection and tax evasion: Evidence from Kenya, Mauritius, and Nigeria,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 287-320, April.
- Antoine BOUËT & Devesh ROY, 2009. "Trade protection and tax evasion: evidence from Kenya, Mauritius and Nigeria," Working Papers 1, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jun 2009.
- Pitt, Mark M., 1981. "Smuggling and price disparity," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 447-458, November.
- Stephen S. Golub, 2012. "Entrepôt Trade and Smuggling in West Africa: Benin, Togo and Nigeria," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(9), pages 1139-1161, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Integration; Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements; Tax Evasion and Avoidance;
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-02053558. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.