U-Turns and Full Circles: Two Decades of Agricultural Reform in Malawi 1981-2000
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966, December.
- T. W.Swan, 1960. "Economic Control In A Dependent Economy," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 36(73), pages 51-66, 03.
- Chilowa, Wycliffe, 1998. "The impact of agricultural liberalisation on food security in Malawi," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 553-569, December.
- Smith, Lawrence D., 1995. "Malawi: reforming the state's role in agricultural marketing," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 561-571, December.
- Smale, Melinda, 1995. ""Maize is life": Malawi's delayed Green Revolution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 819-831, May.
- Kydd, J. & Hewitt, A., 1986. "The effectiveness of structural adjustment lending: Initial evidence from Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 347-365, March.
- Jayne, T. S. & Jones, Stephen, 1997. "Food marketing and pricing policy in Eastern and Southern Africa: A survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1505-1527, September.
- Jane Harrigan, 1997. "Modelling the impact of world bank policy-based lending: The case of Malawi's agricultural sector," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 848-873.
- Lele, Uma, 1990. "Structural adjustment, agricultural development and the poor: Some lessons from the Malawian experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(9), pages 1207-1219, September.
- Orr, Alastair, 2000. "'Green Gold'?: Burley Tobacco, Smallholder Agriculture, and Poverty Alleviation in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 347-363, February.
- Kydd, Jonathan & Christiansen, Robert, 1982. "Structural change in Malawi since independence: Consequences of a development strategy based on large-scale agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 355-375, May.
- Kherallah, Mylene & Govindan, Kumaresan, 1999. "The Sequencing of Agricultural Market Reforms in Malawi," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 8(2), pages 125-51, July.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 1995. "Getting agriculture moving: do markets provide the right signals?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 455-472, October.
- Sahn, David E. & Arulpragasam, Jehan, 1991. "The stagnation of smallholder agriculture in Malawi : A decade of structural adjustment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 219-234, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:31:y:2003:i:5:p:847-863. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.