Targeting the poor using ROC curves
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Ravallion & Gaurav Datt, 1995. "Is Targeting Through a Work Requirement Efficient? Some Evidence for Rural India," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-41, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Ravallion, Martin & Sen, Binayak, 1994. "Impacts on rural poverty of land-based targeting: Further results for Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 823-838, June.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Frances Stewart, 1993. "Two errors of targeting," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(5), pages 459-496, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1989. "Land-contingent poverty alleviation schemes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(8), pages 1223-1233, August.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Baker, Judy L. & Grosh, Margaret E., 1994. "Poverty reduction through geographic targeting: How well does it work?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 983-995, July.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Data in transition: Assessing rural living standards in Southern China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 23-56.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Zeller, Manfred, 0.
"Targeting the Poor and Smallholder Farmers Empirical Evidence from Malawi,"
Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture,
Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 49.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Targeting the poor and smallholder farmers: empirical evidence from Malawi," Research in Development Economics and Policy (Discussion Paper Series) 57988, Universitaet Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics.
- Minot, Nicholas, 2000. "Generating Disaggregated Poverty Maps: An Application to Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 319-331, February.
- van Edig, Xenia & Schwarze, Stefan & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "How robust are indicator based poverty assessment tools over time? Empirical evidence from Central Sulawesi, Indonesia," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51674, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Scott, Christopher & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Poverty Measurement and Analysis," MPRA Paper 45362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christiaensen, Luc J.M. & Boisvert, Richard N., 2000. "Validating Operational Food Security Indicators Against A Dynamic Benchmark," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21781, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Makdissi, Paul & Wodon, Quentin, 2005.
"Poverty-dominant program reforms: the role of targeting and allocation rules,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 53-73, June.
- Paul Makdissi & Quentin Wodon & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2002. "Poverty-dominant program reforms: the role of targeting and allocation rules," Cahiers de recherche 02-11, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke, revised 2004.
- Stephan Klasen & Simon Lange, 2015. "Accuracy and Poverty Impacts of Proxy Means-Tested Transfers: An Empirical Assessment for Bolivia," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 164, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Hicks, Norman & Wodon, Quentin, 2001. "Social protection for the poor in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Claus ASTRUP & Sébastien DESSUS, 2005. "Targeting The Poor Beyond Gaza Or The West Bank: The Geography Of Poverty In The Palestinian Territories," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 21, pages 173-197.
- Ajwad, Mohamed Ihsan & Wodon, Quentin, 2007. "Do local Governments maximize access rates to public services across areas?: A test based on marginal benefit incidence analysis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 242-260, May.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Operational Models for Improving the Targeting Efficiency of Agricultural and Development Policies: A systematic comparison of different estimation methods using out-of-sample tests," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51454, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:25:y:1997:i:12:p:2083-2092. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.