The state, popular participation, and the voluntary sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Garilao, Ernesto D., 1987. "Indigenous NGOs as strategic institutions: Managing the relationship with government and resource agencies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages 113-120.
- Fernandez, Aloysius P., 1987. "NGOs in South Asia: People's participation and partnership," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages 39-49.
- Elliott, Charles, 1987. "Some aspects of relations between the North and South in the NGO sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages 57-68.
- Bhatnagar, B. & Williams, A.C., 1992. "Participatory Development and the World Bank.; Potential Directions for Change," World Bank - Discussion Papers 183, World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wiktorowicz, Quintan, 2002. "The Political Limits to Nongovernmental Organizations in Jordan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 77-93, January.
- Tobias Böhmelt & Carola Betzold, 2013. "The impact of environmental interest groups in international negotiations: Do ENGOs induce stronger environmental commitments?," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 127-151, May.
- Brass, Jennifer N., 2012. "Why Do NGOs Go Where They Go? Evidence from Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 387-401.
- repec:eee:reecon:v:71:y:2017:i:2:p:356-371 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boriana Yontcheva & Nadia Masud, 2005. "Does Foreign Aid Reduce Poverty? Empirical Evidence from Nongovernmental and Bilateral Aid," IMF Working Papers 05/100, International Monetary Fund.
- Solava Ibrahim & David Hulme, 2010. "Has civil society helped the poor? - A review of the roles and contributions of civil society to poverty reduction?," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 11410, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Hu Ming & Guo Chao, 2016. "Fundraising Policy Reform and its Impact on Nonprofits in China: A View from the Trenches," Nonprofit Policy Forum, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 213-236, June.
- Besley, Timothy & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2017.
"Public–private partnerships for the provision of public goods: Theory and an application to NGOs,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 356-371.
- Timothy Besley & Maitreesh Ghatak, 1999. "Public-Private Partnership for the Provision of Public Goods: Theory and an Application to NGOs," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 17, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy & Ghatak, Maitreesh, 1999. "Public-private partnership for the provision of public goods : theory and an application to NGOs," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2162, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Vakil, Anna C., 1997. "Confronting the classification problem: Toward a taxonomy of NGOs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2057-2070, December.
- Weinberger, Katinka & Jutting, Johannes Paul, 2001. "Women's Participation in Local Organizations: Conditions and Constraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1391-1404, August.
- Tobias Böhmelt, 2013. "A closer look at the information provision rationale: Civil society participation in states’ delegations at the UNFCCC," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 55-80, March.
- Brinkerhoff, Derick W., 2000. "Democratic Governance and Sectoral Policy Reform: Tracing Linkages and Exploring Synergies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 601-615, April.
- Meyer, Carrie A., 1997. "The political economy of NGOs and information sharing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1127-1140, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:23:y:1995:i:4:p:593-601. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.