A modelling platform for optimizing time-dependent transit fares in large-scale multimodal networks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tirachini, Alejandro & Hensher, David A., 2011. "Bus congestion, optimal infrastructure investment and the choice of a fare collection system in dedicated bus corridors," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 828-844, June.
- Mohring, Herbert, 1972. "Optimization and Scale Economies in Urban Bus Transportation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 591-604, September.
- de Palma, André & Kilani, Moez & Proost, Stef, 2015.
"Discomfort in mass transit and its implication for scheduling and pricing,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 1-18.
- André DE PALMA & Moez KILANI & Stefan PROOST, 2013. "Discomfort in mass transit and its implication for scheduling and pricing," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces13.01, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- André de Palma & Moez Kilani & Stef Proost, 2015. "Discomfort in mass transit and its implication for scheduling and pricing," Post-Print hal-01311131, HAL.
- André de Palma & Moez Kilani & Stef Proost, 2015. "Discomfort in mass transit and its implication for scheduling and pricing," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01311131, HAL.
- André de Palma & Moez Kilani & Stef Proost, 2013. "Discomfort in mass transit and its implication for scheduling and pricing," Working Papers hal-00784303, HAL.
- Yang, Hai & Tang, Yili, 2018. "Managing rail transit peak-hour congestion with a fare-reward scheme," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 122-136.
- Roberto Cominetti & José Correa, 2001. "Common-Lines and Passenger Assignment in Congested Transit Networks," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(3), pages 250-267, August.
- Deb, Kaushik & Filippini, Massimo, 2011. "Estimating welfare changes from efficient pricing in public bus transit in India," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 23-31, January.
- Finn Jørgensen & John Preston, 2007. "The Relationship Between Fare and Travel Distance," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 41(3), pages 451-468, September.
- Shyue Koong Chang & Schonfeld, Paul M., 1991. "Multiple period optimization of bus transit systems," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 453-478, December.
- Ihab Kaddoura & Benjamin Kickhöfer & Andreas Neumann & Alejandro Tirachini, 2015. "Agent-based optimisation of public transport supply and pricing: impacts of activity scheduling decisions and simulation randomness," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(6), pages 1039-1061, November.
- Huang, Di & Liu, Zhiyuan & Liu, Pan & Chen, Jun, 2016. "Optimal transit fare and service frequency of a nonlinear origin-destination based fare structure," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 1-19.
- Mohamed Wahba & Amer Shalaby, 2011. "Large-scale application of MILATRAS: case study of the Toronto transit network," Transportation, Springer, vol. 38(6), pages 889-908, November.
- de Grange, Louis & González, Felipe & Muñoz, Juan Carlos & Troncoso, Rodrigo, 2013. "Aggregate estimation of the price elasticity of demand for public transport in integrated fare systems: The case of Transantiago," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 178-185.
- Sergio Jara-Díaz & Antonio Gschwender, 2003. "Towards a general microeconomic model for the operation of public transport," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 453-469, July.
- Batarce, Marco & Galilea, Patricia, 2018. "Cost and fare estimation for the bus transit system of Santiago," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 92-101.
- Bing-Zheng Liu & Ying-En Ge & Kai Cao & Xi Jiang & Lingyun Meng & Ding Liu & Yunfeng Gao, 2017. "Optimizing a desirable fare structure for a bus-subway corridor," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(10), pages 1-21, October.
More about this item
KeywordsTime-based transit fares; Optimization; Dynamic traffic and transit assignment; Departure time choice; Mode choice; Large-scale network;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:92:y:2020:i:c:p:38-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.