Critical factors and risk allocation for PPP policy: Comparison between HSR and general infrastructure projects
This study compared the use of public–private partnership (PPP) policy between high speed rail (HSR) projects and general infrastructure projects. Based on extensive literature reviews, drivers for adopting PPP strategy, critical success factors, and preferred risk factor allocation were collected to design a structural questionnaire for professionals in Taiwan and to elicit their PPP project experience. Analytical findings reveal that most experience learnt from general infrastructure projects is applicable in HSR projects after proper modification. This study provides a valuable reference for stakeholders interested in executing HSR via PPP.
Volume (Year): 22 (2012)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. Ping Ho & Liang Liu, 2002. "An option pricing-based model for evaluating the financial viability of privatized infrastructure projects," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 143-156.
- Campos, Javier & de Rus, Ginés, 2009. "Some stylized facts about high-speed rail: A review of HSR experiences around the world," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 19-28, January.
- Cheng, Yung-Hsiang, 2010. "High-speed rail in Taiwan: New experience and issues for future development," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 51-63, March.
- Bing Li & A. Akintoye & P. J. Edwards & C. Hardcastle, 2005. "Critical success factors for PPP/PFI projects in the UK construction industry," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 459-471.
- Zhao, Zhen-Yu & Zuo, Jian & Zillante, George & Wang, Xin-Wei, 2010. "Critical success factors for BOT electric power projects in China: Thermal power versus wind power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1283-1291.
- Chou, Jui-Sheng & Kim, Changwan & Kuo, Yao-Chen & Ou, Nai-Chi, 2011. "Deploying effective service strategy in the operations stage of high-speed rail," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 507-519, July.
- Cledan Mandri-Perrott & Iain Menzies, 2010. "Private Sector Participation in Light Rail-Light Metro Transit Initiatives," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2416.
- Park, Yonghwa & Ha, Hun-Koo, 2006. "Analysis of the impact of high-speed railroad service on air transport demand," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 95-104, March.
- Timothy C. Irwin, 2007. "Government Guarantees : Allocating and Valuing Risk in Privately Financed Infrastructure Projects," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6638.
- Moshe Givoni, 2006. "Development and Impact of the Modern High‐speed Train: A Review," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(5), pages 593-611, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:22:y:2012:i:c:p:36-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.