A proof of the relationship between optimal vehicle size, haulage length and the structure of distance-transport costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Allen, W. Bruce & Mahmoud, Mohamed M. & McNeil, Douglas, 1985. "The importance of time in transit and reliability of transit time for shippers, receivers, and carriers," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 447-456, October.
- Allen, W Bruce & Liu, Dong, 1995. "Service Quality and Motor Carrier Costs: An Empirical Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(3), pages 499-510, August.
- P. Tyler & M. Kitson, 1987. "Geographical Variations in Transport Costs of Manufacturing Firms in Great Britain," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 24(1), pages 61-73, February.
- McCann, Philip & Fingleton, Bernard, 1996. "The Regional Agglomeration Impact of Just-in-Time Input Linkages: Evidence from the Scottish Electronics Industry," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(5), pages 493-518, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janic, Milan, 2008. "An assessment of the performance of the European long intermodal freight trains (LIFTS)," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 1326-1339, December.
- Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2011.
"Agglomeration And Trade: State‐Level Evidence From U.S. Industries,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 139-166, February.
- Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2010. "Agglomeration and Trade: State-Level Evidence from U.S. Industries," DETU Working Papers 1001, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Rikard Forslid & Toshihiro Okubo, 2015.
"Which Firms Are Left In The Periphery? Spatial Sorting Of Heterogeneous Firms With Scale Economies In Transportation,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 51-65, January.
- Forslid, Rikard & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2013. "Which Firms are Left in the Periphery? - Spatial Sorting of Heterogeneous Firms with Scale Economies in Transportation," CEPR Discussion Papers 9413, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Forslid, Rikard & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2013. "Which Firms are Left in the Periphery? - Spatial Sorting of Heterogeneous Firms with Scale Economies in Transportation," Research Papers in Economics 2013:9, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Abate, Megersa & de Jong, Gerard, 2014. "The optimal shipment size and truck size choice – The allocation of trucks across hauls," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 262-277.
- Nam Seok Kim & Byungkyu Park & Kang-Dae Lee, 2016. "A knowledge based freight management decision support system incorporating economies of scale: multimodal minimum cost flow optimization approach," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 81-94, March.
- Yilmazkuday, Hakan, 2009. "Distribution of Consumption, Production and Trade within the U.S," MPRA Paper 16361, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kurz, Christopher & Senses, Mine Z., 2016.
"Importing, exporting, and firm-level employment volatility,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 160-175.
- Christopher J. Kurz & Mine Z. Senses, 2013. "Importing, exporting and firm-level employment volatility," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christopher Kurz & Mine Z. Senses, 2013. "Importing, Exporting And Firm-Level Employment Volatility," Working Papers 13-31, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Sahin, Bahri & Yilmaz, Huseyin & Ust, Yasin & Guneri, Ali Fuat & Gulsun, BahadIr, 2009. "An approach for analysing transportation costs and a case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Philip McCann & Jacques Poot & Lynda Sanderson, 2010.
"Migration, relationship capital and international travel: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 361-387, May.
- Philip McCann & Jacques Poot & Lynda Sanderson, 2008. "Migration, Relationship Capital and International Travel: Theory and Evidence," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0808, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Philip McCann & Jacques Poot & Lynda Sanderson, 2008. "Migration, Relationship Capital and International Travel: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers in Economics 08/12, University of Waikato.
- Jonkeren, Olaf & Jourquin, Bart & Rietveld, Piet, 2011. "Modal-split effects of climate change: The effect of low water levels on the competitive position of inland waterway transport in the river Rhine area," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1007-1019.
- Maarten Bosker & Harry Garretsen, 2007. "Trade Costs, Market Access and Economic Geography: Why the Empirical Specification of Trade Costs Matters," CESifo Working Paper Series 2071, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:35:y:2001:i:8:p:671-693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .