Impact of spatial structure of urban agglomeration on carbon emissions: An analysis of the Shandong Peninsula, China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baek, Jungho, 2015. "Environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 emissions: The case of Arctic countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 13-17.
- Iwata, Hiroki & Okada, Keisuke & Samreth, Sovannroeun, 2011. "A note on the environmental Kuznets curve for CO2: A pooled mean group approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(5), pages 1986-1996, May.
- Evert J Meijers & Martijn J Burger, 2010.
"Spatial Structure and Productivity in US Metropolitan Areas,"
Environment and Planning A, , vol. 42(6), pages 1383-1402, June.
- Meijers, E.J. & Burger, M.J., 2009. "Spatial Structure and Productivity in U.S. Metropolitan Areas," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-057-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- York, Richard & Rosa, Eugene A. & Dietz, Thomas, 2003. "STIRPAT, IPAT and ImPACT: analytic tools for unpacking the driving forces of environmental impacts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 351-365, October.
- Xuankai Deng & Yanhua Yu & Yanfang Liu, 2015. "Effect of Construction Land Expansion on Energy-Related Carbon Emissions: Empirical Analysis of China and Its Provinces from 2001 to 2011," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-22, June.
- Nick Bailey & Ivan Turok, 2001. "Central Scotland as a Polycentric Urban Region: Useful Planning Concept or Chimera?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(4), pages 697-715, April.
- Jin, Gui & Guo, Baishu & Deng, Xiangzheng, 2020. "Is there a decoupling relationship between CO2 emission reduction and poverty alleviation in China?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Wang, Zhan & Deng, Xiangzheng & Bai, Yuping & Chen, Jiancheng & Zheng, Wentang, 2016. "Land use structure and emission intensity at regional scale: A case study at the middle reach of the Heihe River basin," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1581-1593.
- John B Parr, 2002. "Agglomeration Economies: Ambiguities and Confusions," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 34(4), pages 717-731, April.
- Shabbir, Rabia & Ahmad, Sheikh Saeed, 2010. "Monitoring urban transport air pollution and energy demand in Rawalpindi and Islamabad using leap model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2323-2332.
- Friedl, Birgit & Getzner, Michael, 2003. "Determinants of CO2 emissions in a small open economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 133-148, April.
- Wang, Run & Liu, Wenjuan & Xiao, Lishan & Liu, Jian & Kao, William, 2011. "Path towards achieving of China's 2020 carbon emission reduction target--A discussion of low-carbon energy policies at province level," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2740-2747, May.
- Andrea Cirilli & Paolo Veneri, 2014. "Spatial Structure and Carbon Dioxide (CO 2 ) Emissions Due to Commuting: An Analysis of Italian Urban Areas," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(12), pages 1993-2005, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Avik Sinha, 2019.
"Environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 emissions: a literature survey,"
Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 46(1), pages 106-168, January.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Sinha, Avik, 2018. "Environmental Kuznets Curve for CO2 Emission: A Literature Survey," MPRA Paper 86281, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Apr 2018.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Sinha, Avik, 2019. "Environmental Kuznets Curve for CO2 emission: A survey of empirical literature," MPRA Paper 100257, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2019.
- Jianhui Jian & Xiaojie Fan & Pinglin He & Hao Xiong & Huayu Shen, 2019. "The Effects of Energy Consumption, Economic Growth and Financial Development on CO 2 Emissions in China: A VECM Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-16, September.
- Nasreen, Samia & Anwar, Sofia & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2017. "Financial stability, energy consumption and environmental quality: Evidence from South Asian economies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 1105-1122.
- Giedrė Lapinskienė & Kęstutis Peleckis & Neringa Slavinskaitė, 2017. "Energy consumption, economic growth and greenhouse gas emissions in the European Union countries," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 1082-1097, November.
- Yue, Shen & Munir, Irfan Ullah & Hyder, Shabir & Nassani, Abdelmohsen A. & Qazi Abro, Muhammad Moinuddin & Zaman, Khalid, 2020. "Sustainable food production, forest biodiversity and mineral pricing: Interconnected global issues," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Felix Nutakor & Sylvestre Bizumuremyi & Jinke Li & Wei Liu, 2020. "Does the Environmental Kuznets Curve for CO 2 Emissions Exist for Rwanda? Evidence from Bootstrapped Rolling-Window Granger Causality Test," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(20), pages 1-11, October.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2017.
"Trade and Environmental Quality in African Countries: Do Institutions Matter?,"
Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 43(1), pages 155-172, January.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2012. "Trade and Environmental Quality in African Countries: Do Institutions Matter?," ICER Working Papers 14-2012, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Yang, Xiaolan & Wang, Rui & Guo, Dongmei & Sun, Weizeng, 2020. "The reconfiguration effect of China's high-speed railway on intercity connection ——A study based on media attention index," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 47-56.
- Shao, Shuai & Yang, Lili & Yu, Mingbo & Yu, Mingliang, 2011. "Estimation, characteristics, and determinants of energy-related industrial CO2 emissions in Shanghai (China), 1994-2009," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6476-6494, October.
- Panagiotis Fotis & Michael Polemis, 2018.
"Sustainable development, environmental policy and renewable energy use: A dynamic panel data approach,"
Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(6), pages 726-740, November.
- Fotis, Panagiotis & Polemis, Michael, 2018. "Sustainable development, environmental policy and renewable energy use: A dynamic panel data approach," MPRA Paper 85018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- He, Jie & Richard, Patrick, 2010. "Environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 in Canada," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1083-1093, March.
- Le Hoang Phong & Dang Thi Bach Van & Ho Hoang Gia Bao, 2018. "The Role of Globalization on CO2 Emission in Vietnam Incorporating Industrialization, Urbanization, GDP per Capita and Energy Use," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(6), pages 275-283.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Haouas, Ilham & Hoang, Thi Hong Van, 2019. "Economic growth and environmental degradation in Vietnam: Is the environmental Kuznets curve a complete picture?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 197-218.
- Miomir Jovanović & Ljiljana Kašćelan & Aleksandra Despotović & Vladimir Kašćelan, 2015. "The Impact of Agro-Economic Factors on GHG Emissions: Evidence from European Developing and Advanced Economies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(12), pages 1-21, December.
- Juan Antonio Duro & Jordi Teixidó-Figueras & Emilio Padilla Rosa, 2014.
"The causal factors of international inequality in CO2 emissions per capita: A regression-based inequality decomposition analysis,"
wpdea1402, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Juan Antonio Duro & Jordi Teixidó-Figueras & Emilio Padilla, 2014. "The causal factors of international inequality in co2 emissions per capita: a regression-based inequality decomposition analysis," Working Papers 2014/20, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Duro Moreno, Juan Antonio & Teixidó Figueras, Jordi & Padilla, Emilio, 2016. "The causal factors of international inequality in CO2 emissions per capita: A regression-based inequality decomposition analysis," Working Papers 2072/267266, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Muhammad, Anees & Ishfaq, Ahmed, 2011. "Industrial development, agricultural growth, urbanization and environmental Kuznets curve in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 33469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barra, Cristian & Zotti, Roberto, 2016. "Investigating the impact of national income on environmental pollution. International evidence," MPRA Paper 74149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Teixidó-Figueras, Jordi & Duro, Juan Antonio, 2015.
"The building blocks of International Ecological Footprint inequality: A Regression-Based Decomposition,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 30-39.
- Teixidó Figueras, Jordi & Duro Moreno, Juan Antonio, 2013. "The Building Blocks of International Ecological Footprint inequality: A Regression-Base Decomposition," Working Papers 2072/211883, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Jordi Teixidó-Figueras & Juan Antonio Duro, 2013. "The building blocks of international ecological footprint inequality: a regression-based decomposition," Working Papers XREAP2013-03, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Apr 2013.
- Tiba, Sofien & Omri, Anis, 2017. "Literature survey on the relationships between energy, environment and economic growth," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 1129-1146.
More about this item
KeywordsUrban agglomeration; Spatial structure; Carbon emissions; Global change; Low carbon; Shandong Peninsula;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:161:y:2020:i:c:s0040162520311392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.