A momentum-threshold autoregressive unit root test with increased power
Recent research has shown the momentum-threshold autoregressive (MTAR) unit root test of Enders and Granger (J. Business Econom. Statist. 16 (1998) 304) to exhibit less power than modified Dickey-Fuller tests when applied to MTAR processes. In this paper a revised MTAR test is proposed which employs local-to-unity detrending. The newly proposed test is shown to possess greater power than both the original MTAR test and modified Dickey-Fuller tests over a range of MTAR processes.
Volume (Year): 67 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George Kapetanios & Yongcheol Shin, 2002. "GLS Detrending for Nonlinear Unit Root Tests," Working Papers 472, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Enders, Walter & Granger, C. W. J., 1998.
"Unit Root Tests and Asymmetric Adjustment with an Example Using the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
Staff General Research Papers
1388, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Enders, Walter & Granger, Clive W J, 1998. "Unit-Root Tests and Asymmetric Adjustment with an Example Using the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(3), pages 304-11, July.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Enders/Granger JBES(1998)on threshold unit roots," Statistical Software Components RTZ00054, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996.
"Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-36, July.
- Tom Doan, . "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," NBER Technical Working Papers 0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leybourne, S J, 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots Using Forward and Reverse Dickey-Fuller Regressions," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(4), pages 559-71, November.
- Cook, Steven, 2003. "Modified unit root tests and momentum threshold autoregressive processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 83-88, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:67:y:2004:i:4:p:307-310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.