The FEXP estimator for potentially non-stationary linear time series
We consider semiparametric fractional exponential (FEXP) estimators of the memory parameter d for a potentially non-stationary linear long-memory time series with additive polynomial trend. We use differencing to annihilate the polynomial trend, followed by tapering to handle the potential non-invertibility of the differenced series. We propose a method of pooling the tapered periodogram which leads to more efficient estimators of d than existing pooled, tapered estimators. We establish asymptotic normality of the tapered FEXP estimator in the Gaussian case with or without pooling. We establish asymptotic normality of the estimator in the linear case if pooling is used. Finally, we consider minimax rate-optimality and feasible nearly rate-optimal estimators in the Gaussian case.
Volume (Year): 97 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Velasco, Carlos, 1999. "Non-stationary log-periodogram regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 325-371, August.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Robinson, Peter M. & Samarov, Alexander, 2000. "Adaptive Semiparametric Estimation of the Memory Parameter," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 183-207, February.
- Fay, Gilles & Soulier, Philippe, 2001. "The periodogram of an i.i.d. sequence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 315-343, April.
- Velasco, Carlos, 2000. "Non-Gaussian Log-Periodogram Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 44-79, February.
- Soulier, Philippe, 2001. "Moment bounds and central limit theorem for functions of Gaussian vectors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 193-203, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:97:y:2002:i:2:p:307-340. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.