Children's understanding of the selling versus persuasive intent of junk food advertising: Implications for regulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moore, Elizabeth S & Lutz, Richard J, 2000. " Children, Advertising, and Product Experiences: A Multimethod Inquiry," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 31-48, June.
- Friestad, Marian & Wright, Peter, 1994. " The Persuasion Knowledge Model: How People Cope with Persuasion Attempts," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-31, June.
- John, Deborah Roedder, 1999. " Consumer Socialization of Children: A Retrospective Look at Twenty-Five Years of Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 183-213, December.
- Macklin, M Carole, 1987. " Preschoolers' Understanding of the Informational Function of Television Advertising," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 229-239, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Landwehr, Stefanie C. & Hartmann, Monika, 2016. "Does self regulation work? The case of television food advertisement to children in Germany," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235881, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Michaela Jackson & Paul Harrison & Boyd Swinburn & Mark Lawrence, 2015. "Marketing ethics in context: the promotion of unhealthy foods and beverages to children," Chapters,in: Handbook on Ethics and Marketing, chapter 17, pages 354-386 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsChildren Television Advertising Cognitive development Obesity Junk food Australia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:6:p:962-968. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .