Patient cost sharing and social inequalities in access to health care in three western European countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas C. Buchmueller & Agnès Couffinhal & Michel Grignon & Marc Perronnin, 2004.
"Access to physician services: does supplemental insurance matter? Evidence from France,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 669-687.
- Thomas C. Buchmueller & Agnès Couffinhal & Michel Grignon & Marc Perronin, 2002. "Access to Physician Services: Does Supplemental Insurance Matter? Evidence from France," NBER Working Papers 9238, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luis Ayala & Jesús Ruiz Huerta & Rosa Martínez, 1998. "El mercado de trabajo y la distribución personal de la renta en España en los años noventa," EKONOMIAZ. Revista vasca de Economía, Gobierno Vasco / Eusko Jaurlaritza / Basque Government, vol. 40(01), pages 104-133.
- Cherkin, Daniel C. & Grothaus, Louis & Wagner, Edward H., 1992. "Is magnitude of co-payment effect related to income? Using census data for health services research," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 33-41.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2000. "Measuring and Testing for Inequity in the Delivery of Health Care," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(4), pages 716-733.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Cristina Masseria, 2004. "Income-Related Inequality in the Use of Medical Care in 21 OECD Countries," OECD Health Working Papers 14, OECD Publishing.
- Morris, Stephen & Sutton, Matthew & Gravelle, Hugh, 2005. "Inequity and inequality in the use of health care in England: an empirical investigation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1251-1266.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2004.
"Co-payments for prescription drugs and the demand for doctor visits - Evidence from a natural experiment,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(11), pages 1081-1089.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2003. "Co-Payments for Prescription Drugs and the Demand for Doctor Visits - Evidence from a Natural Experiment," SOI - Working Papers 0307, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- van der Meer, Joost B. W. & van den Bos, Johannes & Mackenbach, Johan P., 1996. "Socioeconomic differences in the utilization of health services in a Dutch population: the contribution of health status," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Kim, Jiyun & Ko, Sukyoung & Yang, Bongmin, 2005. "The effects of patient cost sharing on ambulatory utilization in South Korea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 293-300, June.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1987:77:7:801-804_0 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holst, Jens, 2010. "Patient cost sharing: Reforms without evidence. Theoretical considerations and empirical findings from industrialized countries," Discussion Papers, Research Group Public Health SP I 2010-303, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Mahiben Maruthappu & Robert Watson & Johnathan Watkins & Callum Williams & Thomas Zeltner & Omar Faiz & Raghib Ali & Rifat Atun, 2016. "Unemployment, public-sector healthcare expenditure and colorectal cancer mortality in the European Union: 1990–2009," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), pages 119-130.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:5:p:543-552 is not listed on IDEAS
- Astrid Kiil & Kurt Houlberg, 2014. "How does copayment for health care services affect demand, health and redistribution? A systematic review of the empirical evidence from 1990 to 2011," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(8), pages 813-828, November.
- Tambor, Marzena & Pavlova, Milena & Golinowska, Stanisława & Sowada, Christoph & Groot, Wim, 2013. "The formal–informal patient payment mix in European countries. Governance, economics, culture or all of these?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 284-295.
- Martín-Fernández, Jesús & Gómez-Gascón, Tomás & Oliva-Moreno, Juan & del Cura-González, María Isabel & Domínguez-Bidagor, Julia & Beamud-Lagos, Milagros & Sanz-Cuesta, Teresa, 2010. "Perception of the economic value of primary care services: A willingness to pay study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 266-272, March.
- Poulsen, Camilla Aavang, 2014. "Introducing out-of-pocket payment for General Practice in Denmark: Feasibility and support," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 64-71.
- Mahiben Maruthappu & Robert A. Watson & Johnathan Watkins & Callum Williams & Thomas Zeltner & Omar Faiz & Raghib Ali & Rifat Atun, 2016. "Unemployment, public-sector healthcare expenditure and colorectal cancer mortality in the European Union: 1990–2009," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), pages 119-130.
- Laia Palència & Albert Espelt & Maica Rodríguez-Sanz & Katia B. Rocha & M. Isabel Pasarín & Carme Borrell, 2013. "Trends in social class inequalities in the use of health care services within the Spanish National Health System, 1993–2006," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(2), pages 211-219, April.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial inequalities Access to health care Cost sharing International comparisons France Germany Spain;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:65:y:2007:i:2:p:367-376. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .