The determinants of the willingness to donate an organ among young adults: Evidence from the United States and the European Union
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abadie, Alberto & Gay, Sebastien, 2006.
"The impact of presumed consent legislation on cadaveric organ donation: A cross-country study,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 599-620, July.
- Abadie, Alberto & Gay, Sebastien, 2004. "The Impact of Presumed Consent Legislation on Cadaveric Organ Donation: A Cross Country Study," Working Paper Series rwp04-024, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Alberto Abadie & Sebastien Gay, 2004. "The Impact of Presumed Consent Legislation on Cadaveric Organ Donation: A Cross Country Study," NBER Working Papers 10604, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Aldy, Joseph E, 2003.
"The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-76, August.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Aldy, 2003. "The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World," NBER Working Papers 9487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reubsaet, Astrid & van den Borne, Bart & Brug, Johannes & Pruyn, Jean & van Hooff, Hans, 2001. "Determinants of the intention of Dutch adolescents to register as organ donors," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 383-392, August.
- repec:reg:rpubli:282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Byrne, Margaret M. & Thompson, Peter, 2001. "A positive analysis of financial incentives for cadaveric organ donation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 69-83, January.
- Yeung, Iris & Kong, S. H. & Lee, Janet, 2000. "Attitudes towards organ donation in Hong Kong," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(11), pages 1643-1654, June.
- Martínez, José M. & López, Jorge S. & Martín, Antonio & Martín, María J. & Scandroglio, Barbara & Martín, José M., 2001. "Organ donation and family decision-making within the Spanish donation system," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 405-421, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schweda, Mark & Schicktanz, Silke, 2009. "Public ideas and values concerning the commercialization of organ donation in four European countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1129-1136, March.
- Verheijde, Joseph L. & Rady, Mohamed Y. & McGregor, Joan L. & Friederich-Murray, Catherine, 2009. "Enforcement of presumed-consent policy and willingness to donate organs as identified in the European Union Survey: The role of legislation in reinforcing ideology in pluralistic societies," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 26-31, April.
- van Dalen, Hendrik P. & Henkens, Kène, 2014. "Comparing the effects of defaults in organ donation systems," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 137-142.
More about this item
KeywordsUSA European Union (EU) Young adults Organ donation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:65:y:2007:i:12:p:2527-2538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .