Three simple models of social capital and economic growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin S. Chin & Yuan K. Chou, 2004. "Modelling Social Infrastructure and Economic Growth," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 136-157, June.
- John F. Helliwell & Robert D. Putnam, 1995. "Economic Growth and Social Capital in Italy," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, pages 295-307.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 2001. "Social Capital and Agricultural Trade," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 680-685.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997.
"Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 1251-1288.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 1203-1250.
- Torsten Persson & Gerard Roland & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Separation of Powers and Political Accountability," Working Papers 100, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Torsten Persson & Gerard Roland & Guido Tabellini, 1997. "Separation of Powers and Political Accountability," CESifo Working Paper Series 136, CESifo Group Munich.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "Financial markets and growth: An overview," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 613-622, April.
- Gradstein, Mark, 2003. "Governance and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3098, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nijkamp, P. & Stough, R. & Sahin, M., 2009. "Impact of social and human capital on business performance of migrant entrepreneurs - a comparative dutch-us study," Serie Research Memoranda 0017, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Antoci, Angelo & Guerrini, Luca & Sodini, Mauro & Zarri, Luca, 2014. "A two-sector model of economic growth with social capital accumulation," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 56-65.
- Bofota, Youyou Baende & Boucekkine, Raouf & Bala, Alain Pholo, 2016. "Social Capital As An Engine Of Growth: Multisectoral Modeling And Implications," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, pages 2093-2122.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:153:y:2017:i:c:p:221-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferreira-Lopes, Alexandra & Roseta-Palma, Catarina & Sequeira, Tiago Neves, 2012. "When sociable workers pay off: Can firms internalize social capital externalities?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 127-136.
- Bofota, Youyou Baende & Boucekkine, Raouf & Bala, Alain Pholo, 2016.
"Social Capital As An Engine Of Growth: Multisectoral Modeling And Implications,"
Cambridge University Press, pages 2093-2122.
- Youyou Baende Bofota & Raouf Boucekkine & Alain Pholo Bala, 2012. "Social Capital as an Engine of Growth: Multisectoral Modelling and Implications," Working Papers halshs-00790855, HAL.
- Youyou Baende Bofota & Raouf Boucekkine & Alain Pholo Bala, 2012. "Social Capital as an Engine of Growth. Multisectoral Modelling and Implications," AMSE Working Papers 1204, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Youyou Baende Bofota & Raouf Boucekkine & Alain Pholo Bala, 2016. "Social Capital as an Engine of Growth: Multisectoral Modelling and Implications," Post-Print hal-01447875, HAL.
- Youyou Baende Bofota, Raouf Boucekkine and Alain Pholo Bala, 2012. "Social capital as an engine of growth: Multisectoral modelling and implications," Working Papers 317, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Gordon Liu & Teck-Yong Eng & Wai-Wai Ko, 2013. "Strategic Direction of Corporate Community Involvement," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 469-487.
- Luca Correani & Fabio Di Dio & Giuseppe Garofalo, 2011.
"Growth and social capital: an evolutionary model,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology,
Springer, pages 173-186.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Marta Disegna & Raffaele Scuderi, 2013. "The Behaviour of Repeat Visitors to Museums: Review and Empirical Findings," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS03, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Polyzou, E. & Jones, N. & Evangelinos, K.I. & Halvadakis, C.P., 2011. "Willingness to pay for drinking water quality improvement and the influence of social capital," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 74-80, February.
- Devesh Roy & Abdul Munasib & Xing Chen, 2014. "Social trust and international trade: the interplay between social trust and formal finance," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 693-714.
- Jennings, Colin & Sanchez-Pages, Santiago, 2017.
"Social capital, conflict and welfare,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 157-167.
- Freund,Caroline & Nucifora,Antonio & Rijkers,Bob, 2014. "All in the family : state capture in Tunisia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6810, The World Bank.
- Bob Rijkers & Caroline Freund & Antonio Nucifora, 2014. "All in the Family : State Capture in Tunisia," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20542, The World Bank.
- Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Dinh, Hinh T., 2015.
"Social capital, product imitation and growth with learning externalities,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 41-54.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Dinh, Hinh T., 2013. "Social capital, product imitation and growth with learning externalities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6607, The World Bank.
- Itaya, Jun-ichi & Tsoukis, Chris, 2017. "Social Capital and the Status Externality," Discussion paper series. A 318, Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Hokkaido University.
- Panayides, Photis M. & Venus Lun, Y.H., 2009. "The impact of trust on innovativeness and supply chain performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 35-46, November.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Silvia London & Mara Rojas, 2013. "A Dynamic Model of Tourism and Economic Growth: the Role of Physical and Human Capital," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1361-1373.
- Mediha Sahin & Peter Nijkamp & Roger Stough, 2011. "Impact of urban conditions on firm performance of migrant entrepreneurs: a comparative Dutch–US study," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, pages 661-689.
- Roseta-Palma, Catarina & Ferreira-Lopes, Alexandra & Sequeira, Tiago Neves, 2010. "Externalities in an endogenous growth model with social and natural capital," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 603-612, January.
- Apostolos Baltzopoulos & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Ioannis Tikoudis, 2016.
"Spin-offs: why geography matters,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, pages 273-303.
- Karlsson, Charlie & Rouchy, Philippe, 2015. "Regional Economic Development, Social Capital and Governance: A Buchanian Approach," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 390, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Luca Correani & Fabio Di Dio & Giuseppe Garofalo, 2011. "Growth and social capital: an evolutionary model," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, pages 173-186.
- Charlie Karlsson, 2012. "Entrepreneurship, social capital, governance and regional economic development: an introduction," Chapters,in: Entrepreneurship, Social Capital and Governance, chapter 1, pages 1-26 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kangayi, Chipo & Olfert, M. Rose & Partridge, Mark, 2009. "Co-operatives and Rural Community Population Growth: Evidence from Canada," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, pages 49-71.
- Baris Alpaslan, 2015. "Are human and social capital linked? Evidence from India," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 207, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Degli Antoni, Giacomo, 2009. "Does satisfaction matter? A microeconomic empirical analysis of the effect of social relations on economic welfare," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 301-309, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:35:y:2006:i:5:p:889-912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.