Panic and panacea: brain drain and science and technology human capital policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Salt, 1997. "International Movements of the Highly Skilled," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 3, OECD Publishing.
- Peter Bushnell & Wai Kin Choy, 2001. ""Go West, Young Man, Go West!"?," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/07, New Zealand Treasury.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel, 2001.
"Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 275-289, February.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2001. "Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10449, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hayden Glass & Wai Kin Choy, 2001. "Brain Drain or Brain Exchange?," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/22, New Zealand Treasury.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michaela Trippl & Gunther Maier, 2010.
"Knowledge spillover agents and regional development,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 229-233, June.
- Trippl, Michaela & Maier, Gunther, 2007. "Knowledge Spillover Agents and Regional Development," SRE-Discussion Papers 842, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Trippl, Michaela & Maier, Gunther, 2007. "Knowledge Spillover Agents and Regional Development," Papers DYNREG16, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Michaela Trippl & Gunther Maier, 2007. "Knowledge Spillover Agents and Regional Development," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2007_01, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Daniëlle Bertrand-Cloodt & Frank Cörvers & Hans Heijke, 2017.
"Ability, Academic Climate, and Going Abroad for Work or Pursuing a PhD,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 63(1), pages 119-140.
- Bertrand-Cloodt D.A.M. & CÃ¶rvers F & Heijke J.A.M., 2014. "Ability, academic climate, and going abroad for work or pursuing a Phd," ROA Research Memorandum 008, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Bertrand-Cloodt D.A.M. & CÃ¶rvers F & Heijke J.A.M., 2014. "Ability, academic climate, and going abroad for work or pursuing a PhD," Research Memorandum 024, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Thorn, Kristian & Holm-Nielsen, Lauritz B., 2006. "International Mobility of Researchers and Scientists: Policy Options for Turning a Drain into a Gain," WIDER Working Paper Series 083, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Boardman, P. Craig, 2009. "Government centrality to university-industry interactions: University research centers and the industry involvement of academic researchers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1505-1516, December.
- Pierpaolo Giannoccolo, 2004. "The Brain Drain. A Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 20060302, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica, revised Mar 2006.
- Irina BONCEA, 2015. "From Brain Drain To Brain Networking," Network Intelligence Studies, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 5, pages 23-28, June.
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David, 2014.
"Scientific mobility and knowledge networks in high emigration countries: Evidence from the Pacific,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1486-1495.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie, 2013. "Scientific Mobility and Knowledge Networks in High Emigration Countries: Evidence from the Pacific," Working Papers in Economics 13/02, University of Waikato.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie, 2013. "Scientific Mobility and Knowledge Networks in High Emigration Countries: Evidence from the Pacific," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1305, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Scellato, Giuseppe & Franzoni, Chiara & Stephan, Paula, 2015. "Migrant scientists and international networks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 108-120.
- Baruch, Yehuda & Budhwar, Pawan S. & Khatri, Naresh, 2007. "Brain drain: Inclination to stay abroad after studies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 99-112, March.
- Baruffaldi, Stefano H. & Landoni, Paolo, 2012. "Return mobility and scientific productivity of researchers working abroad: The role of home country linkages," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1655-1665.
- D'Costa, Anthony P., 2004. "Globalization, Development, and Mobility of Technical Talent: India and Japan in Comparative Perspectives," WIDER Working Paper Series 062, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Annamária Inzelt, 2008. "The inflow of highly skilled workers into Hungary: a by-product of FDI," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 422-438, August.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13132-016-0400-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Lepori, B. & Seeber, M. & Bonaccorsi, A., 2015. "Competition for talent. Country and organizational-level effects in the internationalization of European higher education institutions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 789-802.
- Mikhail A. Gershman & Galina A. Kitova, 2016. "Evaluation of Research and Innovation Policies: The Case of Russian Universities," HSE Working papers WP BRP 57/STI/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- repec:spr:scient:v:91:y:2012:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0545-0 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:33:y:2004:i:4:p:617-630. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .