Spatial modeling of extraction and enforcement in developing country protected areas
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth J.Z. Robinson, 2008. "India’s Disappearing Common Lands: Fuzzy Boundaries, Encroachment, and Evolving Property Rights," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(3), pages 409-422.
- Clarke, Harry R. & Reed, William J. & Shrestha, Ram M., 1993. "Optimal enforcement of property rights on developing country forests subject to illegal logging," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 271-293, September.
- Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Albers, Heidi J. & Williams, Jeffrey C., 2008.
"Spatial and temporal modeling of community non-timber forest extraction,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 234-245, November.
- Elizabeth J. Z. Robinson & Heidi J. Albers & Jeffrey C. Williams, 2006. "Spatial and Temporal Modeling of Community Non-Timber Forest Extraction," CSAE Working Paper Series 2006-03, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Sanchirico, James & Wilen, James, 1998. "Marine Reserves: Is There a Free Lunch?," Discussion Papers dp-99-09, Resources For the Future.
- Skonhoft, Anders & Solstad, Jan Tore, 1996. "Wildlife management, illegal hunting and conflicts. A bioeconomic analysis," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 165-181, May.
- Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Kumar, Ajay Mahaputra & Albers, Heidi J., 2009. "Optimal Enforcement and Practical Issues of Resource Protection in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers dp-09-08-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Milliman, Scott R., 1986. "Optimal fishery management in the presence of illegal activity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 363-381, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jimena Rico & Stephanie Panlasigui & Colby J. Loucks & Jennifer Swenson & Alexander Pfaff, 2017. "Logging concessions, certification and protected areas in the Peruvian Amazon: forest impacts from development rights and land-use restrictions," Working Papers 2017.22, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Sirén, Anders & Parvinen, Kalle, 2015. "A spatial bioeconomic model of the harvest of wild plants and animals," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 201-210.
- Anders H. Sirén & Juan-Camilo Cardenas & Peter Hambäck & Kalle Parvinen, 2013.
"Distance Friction and the Cost of Hunting in Tropical Forest,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(3), pages 558-574.
- Anders H. Siren & Juan-Camilo Cardenas & Peter Hamback & Kalle Parvinen, 2012. "Distance Friction and the Cost of Hunting in Tropical Forests," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 010317, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Katharine Sims, 2014. "Do Protected Areas Reduce Forest Fragmentation? A Microlandscapes Approach," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(2), pages 303-333, June.
- Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Albers, Heidi J. & Busby, Gwenlyn M., 2013. "The impact of buffer zone size and management on illegal extraction, park protection, and enforcement," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 96-103.
- Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Albers, Heidi J. & Ngeleza, Guyslain & Lokina, Razack B., 2014.
"Insiders, outsiders, and the role of local enforcement in forest management: An example from Tanzania,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 242-248.
- Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Albers, Heidi J. & Lokina, Razack & Ngeleza, Guyslain, 2012. "Insiders, Outsiders, and the Role of Local Enforcement in Forest Management: An Example from Tanzania," Discussion Papers dp-12-07-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Miteva, Daniela A. & Kramer, Randall A. & Brown, Zachary & Smith, Martin, 2013. "A spatial model of household fuelwood extraction in northern Uganda," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150523, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Daisy Das, 2015. "Conflict or Conservation? A Roadmap for Management of Kaziranga National Park, India," Working Papers 1502, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Albers, H.J. & Robinson, E.J.Z., 2013. "A review of the spatial economics of non-timber forest product extraction: Implications for policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 87-95.
More about this item
KeywordsEnforcement Buffer zone Parks Biodiversity Reserve site selection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:resene:v:32:y:2010:i:2:p:165-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.