Renewable energy and food supply: will there be enough land?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gerbens-Leenes, P. W. & Nonhebel, S., 2002. "Consumption patterns and their effects on land required for food," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 185-199, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:572-584 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hassanien, Reda Hassanien Emam & Li, Ming & Dong Lin, Wei, 2016. "Advanced applications of solar energy in agricultural greenhouses," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 989-1001.
- Gasol, Carles M. & Martínez, Sergio & Rigola, Miquel & Rieradevall, Joan & Anton, Assumpció & Carrasco, Juan & Ciria, Pilar & Gabarrell, Xavier, 2009. "Feasibility assessment of poplar bioenergy systems in the Southern Europe," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 801-812, May.
- Dinesh, Harshavardhan & Pearce, Joshua M., 2016. "The potential of agrivoltaic systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 299-308.
- Thaler, S. & Zessner, M. & Weigl, M. & Rechberger, H. & Schilling, K. & Kroiss, H., 2015. "Possible implications of dietary changes on nutrient fluxes, environment and land use in Austria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 14-29.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:3288-3305 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:220:y:2018:i:c:p:545-561 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tan, Raymond R. & Foo, Dominic Chwan Yee & Aviso, Kathleen B. & Ng, Denny Kok Sum, 2009. "The use of graphical pinch analysis for visualizing water footprint constraints in biofuel production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(5), pages 605-609, May.
- Finco, Adele & Padella, Monica & Spinozzi, Romina & Benedetti, Andrea, 2010. "Biofuel And Policy Alternatives: A Farm Level Analysis," 14th ICABR Conference, June 16-18, 2010, Ravello, Italy 188088, International Consortium on Applied Bioeconomy Research (ICABR).
- Dupraz, C. & Marrou, H. & Talbot, G. & Dufour, L. & Nogier, A. & Ferard, Y., 2011. "Combining solar photovoltaic panels and food crops for optimising land use: Towards new agrivoltaic schemes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 2725-2732.
- Foo, Dominic C.Y. & Tan, Raymond R. & Ng, Denny K.S., 2008. "Carbon and footprint-constrained energy planning using cascade analysis technique," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1480-1488.
- González-García, Sara & Gasol, Carles M. & Gabarrell, Xavier & Rieradevall, Joan & Moreira, Ma Teresa & Feijoo, Gumersindo, 2010. "Environmental profile of ethanol from poplar biomass as transport fuel in Southern Europe," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1014-1023.
- Rahman, Md. Mizanur & B. Mostafiz, Suraiya & Paatero, Jukka V. & Lahdelma, Risto, 2014. "Extension of energy crops on surplus agricultural lands: A potentially viable option in developing countries while fossil fuel reserves are diminishing," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 108-119.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:125-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johannes Lehmann & John Gaunt & Marco Rondon, 2006. "Bio-char Sequestration in Terrestrial Ecosystems – A Review," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 395-419, March.
- Pekala, Lukasz M. & Tan, Raymond R. & Foo, Dominic C.Y. & Jezowski, Jacek M., 2010. "Optimal energy planning models with carbon footprint constraints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(6), pages 1903-1910, June.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John & Li, Wen, 2010. "A survey of China's renewable energy economy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 438-445, January.
- Cruz Jr., Jose B. & Tan, Raymond R. & Culaba, Alvin B. & Ballacillo, Jo-Anne, 2009. "A dynamic input-output model for nascent bioenergy supply chains," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 86-94, November.
- Robèrt, Markus & Hultén, Per & Frostell, Björn, 2007. "Biofuels in the energy transition beyond peak oil," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2089-2098.
- Pattara, C. & Cappelletti, G.M. & Cichelli, A., 2010. "Recovery and use of olive stones: Commodity, environmental and economic assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1484-1489, June.
- Papong, Seksan & Chom-In, Tassaneewan & Noksa-nga, Soottiwan & Malakul, Pomthong, 2010. "Life cycle energy efficiency and potentials of biodiesel production from palm oil in Thailand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 226-233, January.
- De Schepper, Ellen & Van Passel, Steven & Manca, Jean & Thewys, Theo, 2012. "Combining photovoltaics and sound barriers – A feasibility study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 297-303.
- Tan, Raymond R. & Aviso, Kathleen B. & Barilea, Ivan U. & Culaba, Alvin B. & Cruz, Jose B., 2012. "A fuzzy multi-regional input–output optimization model for biomass production and trade under resource and footprint constraints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 154-160.
- Fogelfors, HÃ¥kan & Wivstad, Maria & Eckersten, Henrik & Holstein, Fredrik & Johansson, Susanne & Verwijst, Theo, 2009. "Strategic analysis of Swedish agriculture," Department of Economics publications 4626, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Bazilian, Morgan & Rogner, Holger & Howells, Mark & Hermann, Sebastian & Arent, Douglas & Gielen, Dolf & Steduto, Pasquale & Mueller, Alexander & Komor, Paul & Tol, Richard S.J. & Yumkella, Kandeh K., 2011. "Considering the energy, water and food nexus: Towards an integrated modelling approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7896-7906.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:9:y:2005:i:2:p:191-201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.