Virtual land use and agricultural trade: Estimating environmental and socio-economic impacts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, Alan M., 1997.
"Peopling the Pampa: On the Impact of Mass Migration to the River Plate, 1870-1914,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 100-132, January.
- Alan M. Taylor, 2000. "Peopling the Pampa: On the Impact of Mass Migration to the River Plate, 1870-1914," NBER Historical Working Papers 0068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borgstrom Hansson, Carina & Wackernagel, Mathis, 1999. "Rediscovering place and accounting space: how to re-embed the human economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 203-213, May.
- Johnstone, Nick, 1995. "Trade liberalization, economic specialization and the environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 165-173, September.
- Yang, Hong & Zehnder, Alexander J. B., 2002. "Water Scarcity and Food Import: A Case Study for Southern Mediterranean Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1413-1430, August.
- Lopez, Ramon, 1997. "Environmental externalities in traditional agriculture and the impact of trade liberalization: the case of Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 17-39, June.
- Bicknell, Kathryn B. & Ball, Richard J. & Cullen, Ross & Bigsby, Hugh R., 1998. "New methodology for the ecological footprint with an application to the New Zealand economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 149-160, November.
- World Bank, 2002. "World Development Indicators 2002," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13921.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Reca, Lucio, 2000.
"Trade and agroindustrialization in developing countries: trends and policy impacts,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 23(3), September.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Reca, Lucio, 2000. "Trade and agroindustrialization in developing countries: trends and policy impacts," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 219-229, September.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2001. "Using composition of land multiplier to estimate ecological footprints associated with production activity," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 159-172, May.
- Gerbens-Leenes, P. W. & Moll, H. C. & Schoot Uiterkamp, A. J. M., 2003. "Design and development of a measuring method for environmental sustainability in food production systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 231-248, September.
- Edward B. Barbier & Joanne C. Burgess, 1997. "The Economics of Tropical Forest Land Use Options," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(2), pages 174-195.
- Hubacek, Klaus & Giljum, Stefan, 2003. "Applying physical input-output analysis to estimate land appropriation (ecological footprints) of international trade activities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 137-151, February.
- Binder, Claudia R. & Hofer, Christoph & Wiek, Arnim & Scholz, Roland W., 2004. "Transition towards improved regional wood flows by integrating material flux analysis and agent analysis: the case of Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Switzerland," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-17, May.
- Eder, Peter & Narodoslawsky, Michael, 1999. "What environmental pressures are a region's industries responsible for? A method of analysis with descriptive indices and input-output models," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 359-374, June.
- Maya, Peter H. & Bonilla, Olman Segura, 1997. "The environmental effects of agricultural trade liberalization in Latin America: an interpretation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 5-18, July.
- Andersson, Jan Otto & Lindroth, Mattias, 2001. "Ecologically unsustainable trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 113-122, April.
- World Bank, 2000. "World Development Indicators 2000," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13828.
- White, Thomas, 2000. "Diet and the distribution of environmental impact," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 145-153, July.
- Gerbens-Leenes, P. W. & Nonhebel, S., 2002. "Consumption patterns and their effects on land required for food," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 185-199, August.
- L Pez, Ram N, 2000. "Trade reform and environmental externalities in general equilibrium: analysis for an archetype poor tropical country," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(04), pages 377-404, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kastner, Thomas & Kastner, Michael & Nonhebel, Sanderine, 2011. "Tracing distant environmental impacts of agricultural products from a consumer perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 1032-1040, April.
- Henders, Sabine & Ostwald, Madelene, 2014. "Accounting methods for international land-related leakage and distant deforestation drivers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 21-28.
- Soto, David & Infante-Amate, Juan & Guzmán, Gloria I. & Cid, Antonio & Aguilera, Eduardo & García, Roberto & González de Molina, Manuel, 2016. "The social metabolism of biomass in Spain, 1900–2008: From food to feed-oriented changes in the agro-ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 130-138.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:221:y:2010:i:21:p:2615-2623 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isaline Jadin & Patrick Meyfroidt & Juan Carlos Zamora Pereira & Eric F. Lambin, 2016. "Unexpected Interactions between Agricultural and Forest Sectors through International Trade: Wood Pallets and Agricultural Exports in Costa Rica," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Guo, Zhe & Kato, Edward & Koo, Jawoo & Nkonya, Ephraim, 2013. "Trends and Patterns of Land Use Change and International Aid in Sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 110, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chong Hui Ling & Khalid Ahmed & Rusnah Muhamad & Muhammad Shahbaz & Nanthakumar Loganathan, 2017. "Testing the Social Cost of Rapid Economic Development in Malaysia: The Effect of Trade on Life Expectancy," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(3), pages 1005-1023, February.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2011. "Measuring and locating footprints: A case study of Taiwan's rice and wheat consumption footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 191-201.
- Bruckner, Martin & Fischer, Günther & Tramberend, Sylvia & Giljum, Stefan, 2015. "Measuring telecouplings in the global land system: A review and comparative evaluation of land footprint accounting methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 11-21.
- Kissinger, Meidad & Rees, William E., 2009. "Footprints on the prairies: Degradation and sustainability of Canadian agricultural land in a globalizing world," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2309-2315, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:57:y:2006:i:4:p:679-697. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.