Virtual land use and agricultural trade: Estimating environmental and socio-economic impacts
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yang, Hong & Zehnder, Alexander J. B., 2002. "Water Scarcity and Food Import: A Case Study for Southern Mediterranean Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1413-1430, August.
- Bicknell, Kathryn B. & Ball, Richard J. & Cullen, Ross & Bigsby, Hugh R., 1998. "New methodology for the ecological footprint with an application to the New Zealand economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 149-160, November.
- Hubacek, Klaus & Giljum, Stefan, 2003. "Applying physical input-output analysis to estimate land appropriation (ecological footprints) of international trade activities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 137-151, February.
- White, Thomas, 2000. "Diet and the distribution of environmental impact," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 145-153, July.
- Johnstone, Nick, 1995. "Trade liberalization, economic specialization and the environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 165-173, September.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2001. "Using composition of land multiplier to estimate ecological footprints associated with production activity," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 159-172, May.
- Andersson, Jan Otto & Lindroth, Mattias, 2001. "Ecologically unsustainable trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 113-122, April.
- Borgstrom Hansson, Carina & Wackernagel, Mathis, 1999. "Rediscovering place and accounting space: how to re-embed the human economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 203-213, May.
- Lopez, Ramon, 1997. "Environmental externalities in traditional agriculture and the impact of trade liberalization: the case of Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 17-39, June.
- Taylor, Alan M., 1997.
"Peopling the Pampa: On the Impact of Mass Migration to the River Plate, 1870-1914,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 100-132, January.
- Alan M. Taylor, 2000. "Peopling the Pampa: On the Impact of Mass Migration to the River Plate, 1870-1914," NBER Historical Working Papers 0068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- L Pez, Ram N, 2000. "Trade reform and environmental externalities in general equilibrium: analysis for an archetype poor tropical country," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(04), pages 377-404, October.
- Maya, Peter H. & Bonilla, Olman Segura, 1997. "The environmental effects of agricultural trade liberalization in Latin America: an interpretation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 5-18, July.
- Edward B. Barbier & Joanne C. Burgess, 1997. "The Economics of Tropical Forest Land Use Options," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(2), pages 174-195.
- World Bank, 2000. "World Development Indicators 2000," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13828.
- Gerbens-Leenes, P. W. & Moll, H. C. & Schoot Uiterkamp, A. J. M., 2003. "Design and development of a measuring method for environmental sustainability in food production systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 231-248, September.
- World Bank, 2002. "World Development Indicators 2002," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13921.
- Binder, Claudia R. & Hofer, Christoph & Wiek, Arnim & Scholz, Roland W., 2004. "Transition towards improved regional wood flows by integrating material flux analysis and agent analysis: the case of Appenzell Ausserrhoden, Switzerland," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-17, May.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Reca, Lucio, 2000.
"Trade and agroindustrialization in developing countries: trends and policy impacts,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 23(3), pages -, September.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Reca, Lucio, 2000. "Trade and agroindustrialization in developing countries: trends and policy impacts," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 219-229, September.
- Eder, Peter & Narodoslawsky, Michael, 1999. "What environmental pressures are a region's industries responsible for? A method of analysis with descriptive indices and input-output models," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 359-374, June.
- Gerbens-Leenes, P. W. & Nonhebel, S., 2002. "Consumption patterns and their effects on land required for food," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 185-199, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:57:y:2006:i:4:p:679-697. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.