Applying physical input-output analysis to estimate land appropriation (ecological footprints) of international trade activities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Proops, John LR & Gay, Philip W & Speck, Stefan & Schroder, Thomas, 1996. "The lifetime pollution implications of various types of electricity generation. An input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 229-237, March.
- Bicknell, Kathryn B. & Ball, Richard J. & Cullen, Ross & Bigsby, Hugh R., 1998. "New methodology for the ecological footprint with an application to the New Zealand economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 149-160, November.
- Duchin, Faye & Lange, Glenn-Marie, 1998. "Prospects for the recycling of plastics in the United States," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 307-331, September.
- Eder, Peter & Narodoslawsky, Michael, 1999. "What environmental pressures are a region's industries responsible for? A method of analysis with descriptive indices and input-output models," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 359-374, June.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2001. "Using composition of land multiplier to estimate ecological footprints associated with production activity," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 159-172, May.
- Andersson, Jan Otto & Lindroth, Mattias, 2001. "Ecologically unsustainable trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 113-122, April.
- Johnson, Manuel H. & Bennett, James T., 1981. "Regional environmental and economic impact evaluation : An input-output approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 215-230, May.
- Machado, Giovani & Schaeffer, Roberto & Worrell, Ernst, 2001. "Energy and carbon embodied in the international trade of Brazil: an input-output approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 409-424, December.
- Spangenberg, Joachim H. & Bonniot, Odile, 1998. "Sustainability indicators: A compass on the road towards sustainability," Wuppertal Papers 81, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wiedmann, Thomas, 2009. "A first empirical comparison of energy Footprints embodied in trade -- MRIO versus PLUM," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1975-1990, May.
- Turner, Karen & Lenzen, Manfred & Wiedmann, Thomas & Barrett, John, 2007. "Examining the global environmental impact of regional consumption activities -- Part 1: A technical note on combining input-output and ecological footprint analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 37-44, April.
- Wurtenberger, Laura & Koellner, Thomas & Binder, Claudia R., 2006. "Virtual land use and agricultural trade: Estimating environmental and socio-economic impacts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 679-697, June.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2005. "Local sustainable yield and embodied resources in ecological footprint analysis--a case study on the required paddy field in Taiwan," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 415-430, May.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2003. "Allocating the responsibility of CO2 over-emissions from the perspectives of benefit principle and ecological deficit," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 121-141, August.
- Rutger Hoekstra & Marco Janssen, 2006.
"Environmental responsibility and policy in a two-country dynamic input-output model,"
Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 61-84.
- Rutger Hoekstra & Marco A. Janssen, 2002. "Environmental Responsibility and Policy in a Two Country Dynamic Input-Output Model," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-103/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Thomas Wiedmann & John Barrett, 2010. "A Review of the Ecological Footprint Indicator—Perceptions and Methods," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(6), pages 1-49, June.
- Li Hong & Pei Dong, Zhang & Chunyu, He & Wang Gang, 2007. "Evaluating the effects of embodied energy in international trade on ecological footprint in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 136-148, April.
- Teixidó Figueras, Jordi & Duro Moreno, Juan Antonio, 2012.
"Ecological Footprint Inequality: A methodological review and some results,"
2072/203168, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Jordi Teixidó-Figueras & Juan Antonio Duro, 2012. "Ecological Footprint Inequality: A methodological review and some results," Working Papers XREAP2012-15, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Sep 2012.
- Monica Flores-Garcia & Alfredo Mainar, 2009. "Environmental Effects of Production and Consumption Activities Within an Economy: the Aragon Case," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 15(4), pages 437-455, November.
- White, Thomas J., 2007. "Sharing resources: The global distribution of the Ecological Footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 402-410, December.
- Serrano, Mònica & Dietzenbacher, Erik, 2010. "Responsibility and trade emission balances: An evaluation of approaches," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2224-2232, September.
- Jean-Marc Douguet & Martin O 'Connor & Jean-Pierre Doussoulin & Philippe Lanceleur & Karine Philippot, 2014. "L'Empreinte Écologique Du Parc Naturel De La Haute Vallée De Chevreuse : Du Concept À La Construction De L'Outil," Working Papers hal-01243385, HAL.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:15:y:2009:i:4:p:437-455 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jin, Wei & Xu, Linyu & Yang, Zhifeng, 2009. "Modeling a policy making framework for urban sustainability: Incorporating system dynamics into the Ecological Footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2938-2949, October.
- Duarte, R. & Flores, M. & Sanchez-Choliz, J., 2010. "Enviromental Impacts of A Regional Economy: An Application To The Aragonese Economy (Spain)," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(2).
- Lenzen, Manfred & Dey, Christopher J. & Murray, Shauna A., 2004. "Historical accountability and cumulative impacts: the treatment of time in corporate sustainability reporting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3-4), pages 237-250, December.
- Zhao, X. & Chen, B. & Yang, Z.F., 2009. "National water footprint in an input–output framework—A case study of China 2002," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 220(2), pages 245-253.
- Jesper Munksgaard & Manfred Lenzen & Thomas C. Jensen & Lise-Lotte Pade, 2005.
"Transport Energy Embodied in Consumer Goods: A Hybrid Life-Cycle Analysis,"
Energy & Environment, , vol. 16(2), pages 283-301, March.
- Jesper Munksgaard & Manfred Lenzen & Thomas C. Jensen & Lise-Lotte Pade, 2005. "Transport Energy Embodied in Consumer Goods: A Hybrid Life-Cycle Analysis," Energy & Environment, , vol. 16(1), pages 27-45, January.
- Ferng, Jiun-Jiun, 2002. "Toward a scenario analysis framework for energy footprints," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 53-69, January.
- Age Poom & Rein Ahas, 2016. "How Does the Environmental Load of Household Consumption Depend on Residential Location?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-18, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:44:y:2003:i:1:p:137-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.