Renewable energies and ecosystem service impacts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jobert, Arthur & Laborgne, Pia & Mimler, Solveig, 2007. "Local acceptance of wind energy: Factors of success identified in French and German case studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2751-2760, May.
- Fisher, Brendan & Turner, R. Kerry & Morling, Paul, 2009. "Defining and classifying ecosystem services for decision making," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 643-653, January.
- Odlare, M. & Arthurson, V. & Pell, M. & Svensson, K. & Nehrenheim, E. & Abubaker, J., 2011. "Land application of organic waste - Effects on the soil ecosystem," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 2210-2218, June.
- Abubaker, J. & Risberg, K. & Pell, M., 2012. "Biogas residues as fertilisers – Effects on wheat growth and soil microbial activities," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 126-134.
- van der Horst, Dan, 2007. "NIMBY or not? Exploring the relevance of location and the politics of voiced opinions in renewable energy siting controversies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2705-2714, May.
- Brophy, Paul, 1997. "Environmental advantages to the utilization of geothermal energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 367-377.
- Phillips, Jason, 2010. "Evaluating the level and nature of sustainable development for a geothermal power plant," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 2414-2425, October.
- Markard, Jochen & Stadelmann, Martin & Truffer, Bernhard, 2009. "Prospective analysis of technological innovation systems: Identifying technological and organizational development options for biogas in Switzerland," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 655-667, May.
- Asdrubali, F. & Presciutti, A. & Scrucca, F., 2013. "Development of a greenhouse gas accounting GIS-based tool to support local policy making—application to an Italian municipality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 587-594.
- Pushpam Kumar & Uwe A. Schneider, 2008. "Greenhouse gas emission mitigation through agriculture," Working Papers FNU-155, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Feb 2008.
- Breukers, Sylvia & Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Wind power implementation in changing institutional landscapes: An international comparison," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2737-2750, May.
- Ujjayant Chakravorty & Marie-Hélène Hubert & Linda Nøstbakken, 2009. "Fuel Versus Food," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 645-663, September.
- Zoellner, Jan & Schweizer-Ries, Petra & Wemheuer, Christin, 2008. "Public acceptance of renewable energies: Results from case studies in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4136-4141, November.
- Tsoutsos, Theocharis & Frantzeskaki, Niki & Gekas, Vassilis, 2005. "Environmental impacts from the solar energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 289-296, February.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:9:y:2014:i:c:p:155-165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stritih, U. & Zupan, G. & Butala, V., 2007. "Review of green electricity production in Slovenia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(9), pages 2201-2208, December.
- Abbasi, Tasneem & Abbasi, S.A., 2010. "Biomass energy and the environmental impacts associated with its production and utilization," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 919-937, April.
- Egre, Dominique & Milewski, Joseph C., 2002. "The diversity of hydropower projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1225-1230, November.
- Boyd, James & Banzhaf, Spencer, 2007.
"What are ecosystem services? The need for standardized environmental accounting units,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 616-626, August.
- Boyd, James & Banzhaf, H. Spencer, 2006. "What Are Ecosystem Services? The Need for Standardized Environmental Accounting Units," Discussion Papers 10586, Resources for the Future.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2000. "Wind power and the NIMBY-myth: institutional capacity and the limited significance of public support," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 49-64.
- Resch, Gustav & Held, Anne & Faber, Thomas & Panzer, Christian & Toro, Felipe & Haas, Reinhard, 2008. "Potentials and prospects for renewable energies at global scale," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4048-4056, November.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & Kumar, Pushpam, 2008. "Greenhouse Gas Mitigation through Agriculture," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 23(1), pages 1-5.
- Barbier, Enrico, 2002. "Geothermal energy technology and current status: an overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 3-65.
- Uwe A. Schneider & Pete Smith, 2008. "Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation and Emission Intensities in Agriculture," Working Papers FNU-164, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jul 2008.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kienast, Felix & Huber, Nica & Hergert, Rico & Bolliger, Janine & Moran, Lorena Segura & Hersperger, Anna M., 2017. "Conflicts between decentralized renewable electricity production and landscape services – A spatially-explicit quantitative assessment for Switzerland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 397-407.
- Kumar, Rajesh & Agarwala, Arun, 2016. "Renewable energy technology diffusion model for techno-economics feasibility," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1515-1524.
- repec:eee:appene:v:222:y:2018:i:c:p:812-822 is not listed on IDEAS
- Somogyi, Viola & Sebestyén, Viktor & Nagy, Georgina, 2017. "Scientific achievements and regulation of shallow geothermal systems in six European countries – A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P2), pages 934-952.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:29:y:2018:i:pb:p:294-305 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rauner, Sebastian & Eichhorn, Marcus & Thrän, Daniela, 2016. "The spatial dimension of the power system: Investigating hot spots of Smart Renewable Power Provision," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1038-1050.
- repec:fan:efeefe:v:html10.3280/efe2017-001013 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:35:y:2019:i:c:p:241-259 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:renene:v:140:y:2019:i:c:p:39-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holland, Robert A. & Scott, Kate & Hinton, Emma D. & Austen, Melanie C. & Barrett, John & Beaumont, Nicola & Blaber-Wegg, Tina & Brown, Gareth & Carter-Silk, Eleanor & Cazenave, Pierre & Eigenbrod, Fe, 2016. "Bridging the gap between energy and the environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 181-189.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:495-504 is not listed on IDEAS
- Egli, Thomas & Bolliger, Janine & Kienast, Felix, 2017. "Evaluating ecosystem service trade-offs with wind electricity production in Switzerland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 863-875.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:501:y:2018:i:c:p:356-369 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:renene:v:116:y:2018:i:pa:p:97-108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gasparatos, Alexandros & Doll, Christopher N.H. & Esteban, Miguel & Ahmed, Abubakari & Olang, Tabitha A., 2017. "Renewable energy and biodiversity: Implications for transitioning to a Green Economy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 161-184.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:93:y:2018:i:c:p:719-731 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katsaprakakis, Dimitris Al. & Christakis, Dimitris G., 2016. "The exploitation of electricity production projects from Renewable Energy Sources for the social and economic development of remote communities. The case of Greece: An example to avoid," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 341-349.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy; Ecosystem services; Alps; Environmental conflicts;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:48:y:2015:i:c:p:608-623. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.