The willingness of hoteliers to adopt proactive management practices to face energy issues
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Beccali, Marco & La Gennusa, Maria & Lo Coco, Leonardo & Rizzo, Gianfranco, 2009. "An empirical approach for ranking environmental and energy saving measures in the hotel sector," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 82-90.
- Ek, Kristina, 2005. "Public and private attitudes towards "green" electricity: the case of Swedish wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(13), pages 1677-1689, September.
- Dalton, G.J. & Lockington, D.A. & Baldock, T.E., 2007. "A survey of tourist operator attitudes to renewable energy supply in Queensland, Australia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 567-586.
- Becken, Susanne & Frampton, Chris & Simmons, David, 2001. "Energy consumption patterns in the accommodation sector--the New Zealand case," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 371-386, December.
- Xuchao, Wu & Priyadarsini, Rajagopalan & Siew Eang, Lee, 2010. "Benchmarking energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in Singapore's hotel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4520-4527, August.
- Zografakis, Nikolaos & Gillas, Konstantinos & Pollaki, Antrianna & Profylienou, Maroulitsa & Bounialetou, Fanouria & Tsagarakis, Konstantinos P., 2011. "Assessment of practices and technologies of energy saving and renewable energy sources in hotels in Crete," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1323-1328.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laskurain, Iker & Heras-Saizarbitoria, Iñaki & Casadesús, Martí, 2015. "Fostering renewable energy sources by standards for environmental and energy management," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1148-1156.
- Gung, Roger R. & Huang, Chun-Che & Hung, Wen-I & Fang, Yu-Jie, 2020. "The use of hybrid analytics to establish effective strategies for household energy conservation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Colin Michael Hall & Natasha Dayal & Dea Majstorović & Hamish Mills & Leroy Paul-Andrews & Chloe Wallace & Van Dao Truong, 2016. "Accommodation Consumers and Providers’ Attitudes, Behaviours and Practices for Sustainability: A Systematic Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-30, July.
- Wang, Jen Chun & Huang, Kuo-Tsang, 2013. "Energy consumption characteristics of hotel's marketing preference for guests from regions perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 173-184.
- Tsai, Kang-Ting & Lin, Tzu-Ping & Hwang, Ruey-Lung & Huang, Yu-Jing, 2014. "Carbon dioxide emissions generated by energy consumption of hotels and homestay facilities in Taiwan," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 13-21.
- Mingfang Tang & Xiao Fu & Huiming Cao & Yuan Shen & Hongbing Deng & Gang Wu, 2016. "Energy Performance of Hotel Buildings in Lijiang, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-12, August.
- Katircioğlu, Salih Turan, 2014. "Testing the tourism-induced EKC hypothesis: The case of Singapore," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 383-391.
- Dalton, G.J. & Lockington, D.A. & Baldock, T.E., 2008. "A survey of tourist attitudes to renewable energy supply in Australian hotel accommodation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 2174-2185.
- Fabio Iraldo & Benedetta Nucci, 2016. "Proactive environmental management in hotels: What difference does it make?," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(2), pages 81-106.
- Wustenhagen, Rolf & Wolsink, Maarten & Burer, Mary Jean, 2007. "Social acceptance of renewable energy innovation: An introduction to the concept," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2683-2691, May.
- Amor, Mourad Ben & Pineau, Pierre-Olivier & Gaudreault, Caroline & Samson, Réjean, 2011. "Electricity trade and GHG emissions: Assessment of Quebec's hydropower in the Northeastern American market (2006-2008)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1711-1721, March.
- Van Dael, Miet & Lizin, Sebastien & Swinnen, Gilbert & Van Passel, Steven, 2017. "Young people’s acceptance of bioenergy and the influence of attitude strength on information provision," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 417-430.
- Baxter, Jamie & Morzaria, Rakhee & Hirsch, Rachel, 2013. "A case-control study of support/opposition to wind turbines: Perceptions of health risk, economic benefits, and community conflict," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 931-943.
- Huang, Beijia & Mauerhofer, Volker, 2016. "Low carbon technology assessment and planning—Case analysis of building sector in Chongming, Shanghai," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 324-331.
- Möller, Bernd, 2006. "Changing wind-power landscapes: regional assessment of visual impact on land use and population in Northern Jutland, Denmark," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(5), pages 477-494, May.
- Zorić, Jelena & Hrovatin, Nevenka, 2012. "Household willingness to pay for green electricity in Slovenia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 180-187.
- Garces-Voisenat, Juan-Pedro & Mukherjee, Zinnia, 2016. "Paying for green energy: The case of the Chilean Patagonia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 397-414.
- Hansla, Andre & Gamble, Amelie & Juliusson, Asgeir & Garling, Tommy, 2008. "Psychological determinants of attitude towards and willingness to pay for green electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 768-774, February.
- Zhanglan Wu & Jie Tang & Dong Wang, 2016. "Low Carbon Urban Transitioning in Shenzhen: A Multi-Level Environmental Governance Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-15, July.
- Dalton, G.J. & Lockington, D.A. & Baldock, T.E., 2009. "Case study feasibility analysis of renewable energy supply options for small to medium-sized tourist accommodations," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1134-1144.
- Mardani, Abbas & Zavadskas, Edmundas Kazimieras & Streimikiene, Dalia & Jusoh, Ahmad & Nor, Khalil M.D. & Khoshnoudi, Masoumeh, 2016. "Using fuzzy multiple criteria decision making approaches for evaluating energy saving technologies and solutions in five star hotels: A new hierarchical framework," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 117(P1), pages 131-148.
- Nobuyuki Ito & Kenji Takeuchi & Takahiro Tsuge & Atsuo Kishimoto, 2012. "The Motivation behind Behavioral Thresholds: A Latent Class Approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(3), pages 1831-1847.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental management systems; Energy conservation; Energy management;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:16:y:2012:i:5:p:2988-2993. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.