A survey of tourist attitudes to renewable energy supply in Australian hotel accommodation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolsink, Maarten, 1996. "Dutch wind power policy : Stagnating implementation of renewables," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1079-1088, December.
- Krohn, Søren & Damborg, Steffen, 1999. "On public attitudes towards wind power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 954-960.
- Warren J Bilkey & Erik Nes, 1982. "Country-of-Origin Effects on Product Evaluations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 13(1), pages 89-100, March.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Wind power implementation: The nature of public attitudes: Equity and fairness instead of 'backyard motives'," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 1188-1207, August.
- Sauter, Raphael & Watson, Jim, 2007. "Strategies for the deployment of micro-generation: Implications for social acceptance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2770-2779, May.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2000. "Wind power and the NIMBY-myth: institutional capacity and the limited significance of public support," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 49-64.
- Kaldellis, J. K., 2005. "Social attitude towards wind energy applications in Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 595-602, March.
- Ek, Kristina, 2005. "Public and private attitudes towards "green" electricity: the case of Swedish wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(13), pages 1677-1689, September.
- anonymous, 2002. "Publication of revisions to Regulation C (HMDA)," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Mar, pages 188-188.
- Dalton, G.J. & Lockington, D.A. & Baldock, T.E., 2007. "A survey of tourist operator attitudes to renewable energy supply in Queensland, Australia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 567-586.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D׳Souza, Clare & Yiridoe, Emmanuel K., 2014. "Social acceptance of wind energy development and planning in rural communities of Australia: A consumer analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 262-270.
- Fahd Diab & Hai Lan & Lijun Zhang & Salwa Ali, 2015. "An Environmentally-Friendly Tourist Village in Egypt Based on a Hybrid Renewable Energy System––Part One: What Is the Optimum City?," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-19, July.
- Tampakis, Stilianos & Τsantopoulos, Georgios & Arabatzis, Garyfallos & Rerras, Ioannis, 2013. "Citizens’ views on various forms of energy and their contribution to the environment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 473-482.
- Yazdanpanah, Masoud & Komendantova, Nadejda & Ardestani, Roshanak Shafiei, 2015. "Governance of energy transition in Iran: Investigating public acceptance and willingness to use renewable energy sources through socio-psychological model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 565-573.
- repec:cbu:jrnlec:y:2017:v:3:p:154-162 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:jtr:journl:v:5:y:2012:i:1:p:47-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:endesu:v:20:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10668-017-9949-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:245-260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Colin Michael Hall & Natasha Dayal & Dea Majstorović & Hamish Mills & Leroy Paul-Andrews & Chloe Wallace & Van Dao Truong, 2016. "Accommodation Consumers and Providers’ Attitudes, Behaviours and Practices for Sustainability: A Systematic Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-30, July.
- Savvanidou, Electra & Zervas, Efthimios & Tsagarakis, Konstantinos P., 2010. "Public acceptance of biofuels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3482-3488, July.
- Westerberg, Vanja & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Lifran, Robert, 2013.
"The case for offshore wind farms, artificial reefs and sustainable tourism in the French mediterranean,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 172-183.
- Vanja WESTERBERG & Jette Bredahl JACOBSEN & Robert LIFRAN, 2012. "The case for offshore wind farms, artificial reefs and sustainable tourism in the French Mediterranean," Working Papers 12-11, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Apr 2012.
- Dalton, G.J. & Alcorn, R. & Lewis, T., 2010. "Case study feasibility analysis of the Pelamis wave energy convertor in Ireland, Portugal and North America," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 443-455.
- Zografakis, Nikolaos & Gillas, Konstantinos & Pollaki, Antrianna & Profylienou, Maroulitsa & Bounialetou, Fanouria & Tsagarakis, Konstantinos P., 2011. "Assessment of practices and technologies of energy saving and renewable energy sources in hotels in Crete," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1323-1328.
- Langer, Katharina & Decker, Thomas & Roosen, Jutta & Menrad, Klaus, 2016. "A qualitative analysis to understand the acceptance of wind energy in Bavaria," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 248-259.
- Tsagarakis, Konstantinos P. & Bounialetou, Fanouria & Gillas, Konstantinos & Profylienou, Maroulitsa & Pollaki, Antrianna & Zografakis, Nikolaos, 2011. "Tourists' attitudes for selecting accommodation with investments in renewable energy and energy saving systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1335-1342, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:687-:d:134520 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alam, Syed Shah & Nik Hashim, Nik Hazrul & Rashid, Mamunur & Omar, Nor Asiah & Ahsan, Nilufar & Ismail, Md Daud, 2014. "Small-scale households renewable energy usage intention: Theoretical development and empirical settings," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 255-263.
- Dalton, G.J. & Lockington, D.A. & Baldock, T.E., 2009. "Case study feasibility analysis of renewable energy supply options for small to medium-sized tourist accommodations," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1134-1144.
- Ladenburg, Jacob & Termansen, Mette & Hasler, Berit, 2013. "Assessing acceptability of two onshore wind power development schemes: A test of viewshed effects and the cumulative effects of wind turbines," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 45-54.
- Ladenburg, Jacob, 2010. "Attitudes towards offshore wind farms--The role of beach visits on attitude and demographic and attitude relations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1297-1304, March.
- Groth, Theresa M. & Vogt, Christine, 2014. "Residents' perceptions of wind turbines: An analysis of two townships in Michigan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 251-260.
- Ladenburg, Jacob & Dahlgaard, Jens-Olav, 2012. "Attitudes, threshold levels and cumulative effects of the daily wind-turbine encounters," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 40-46.
- Meredith Blaydes Lilley & Jeremy Firestone & Willett Kempton, 2010. "The Effect of Wind Power Installations on Coastal Tourism," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Aksel Botne Sandberg & Eirik Klementsen & Gerrit Muller & Adrian De Andres & Jéromine Maillet, 2016. "Critical Factors Influencing Viability of Wave Energy Converters in Off-Grid Luxury Resorts and Small Utilities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-22, December.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy supply; Survey; Tourist hotel accommodation; Attitudes; Barriers; NIMBY;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:33:y:2008:i:10:p:2174-2185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.