The value of energy storage in optimal non-firm wind capacity connection to power systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Denholm, Paul & Sioshansi, Ramteen, 2009. "The value of compressed air energy storage with wind in transmission-constrained electric power systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3149-3158, August.
- Tuohy, A. & O'Malley, M., 2011. "Pumped storage in systems with very high wind penetration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 1965-1974, April.
- Zhao, M. & Chen, Z. & Blaabjerg, F., 2006. "Probabilistic capacity of a grid connected wind farm based on optimization method," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(13), pages 2171-2187.
- DeCarolis, Joseph F. & Keith, David W., 2006. "The economics of large-scale wind power in a carbon constrained world," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 395-410, March.
- Denholm, Paul, 2006. "Improving the technical, environmental and social performance of wind energy systems using biomass-based energy storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1355-1370.
- Niknam, Taher & Khodaei, Amin & Fallahi, Farhad, 2009. "A new decomposition approach for the thermal unit commitment problem," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1667-1674, September.
- Pattanariyankool, Sompop & Lave, Lester B., 2010. "Optimizing transmission from distant wind farms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2806-2815, June.
- Greenblatt, Jeffery B. & Succar, Samir & Denkenberger, David C. & Williams, Robert H. & Socolow, Robert H., 2007. "Baseload wind energy: modeling the competition between gas turbines and compressed air energy storage for supplemental generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1474-1492, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rinne, S. & Syri, S., 2015. "The possibilities of combined heat and power production balancing large amounts of wind power in Finland," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 1034-1046.
More about this item
KeywordsWind energy; Energy storage systems; Benders decomposition; Power generation planning;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:64:y:2014:i:c:p:34-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.