Innovative measurement of spatial segregation: Comparative evidence from Hong Kong and San Francisco
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rolf Pendall & John I. Carruthers, 2003. "Does density exacerbate income segregation? Evidence from U.S. metropolitan areas, 1980 to 2000," Housing Policy Debate, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 541-589, January.
- Kremer, M & Maskin, E, 1996. "Wage Inequality and Segregation by Skill," Working papers 96-23, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Harsman Bjorn & Quigley John M., 1995.
"The Spatial Segregation of Ethnic and Demographic Groups: Comparative Evidence from Stockholm and San Francisco,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Harsman, Bjorn & Quigley, John M., 1993. "The Spatial Segregation of Ethnic and Demographic Groups: Comparative Evidence from Stockholm and San Francisco," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt910306b7, University of California Transportation Center.
- Jakubs, John F., 1981. "A distance-based segregation index," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 129-136.
- Davidoff, Thomas, 2005. "Income sorting: Measurement and decomposition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 289-303, September.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Galster, George & Andersson, Roger & Musterd, Sako & Kauppinen, Timo M., 2008. "Does neighborhood income mix affect earnings of adults? New evidence from Sweden," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 858-870, May.
- Peter Mieszkowski & Edwin S. Mills, 1993. "The Causes of Metropolitan Suburbanization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 135-147, Summer.
- Mee Kam Ng, 2002. "Property-led urban renewal in Hong Kong: any place for the community?," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 140-146.
- Monkkonen, Paavo & Wong, Kelvin & Begley, Jaclene, 2012. "Economic restructuring, urban growth, and short-term trading: The spatial dynamics of the Hong Kong housing market, 1992–2008," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 396-406.
- Sui, Daniel Z., 1995. "Spatial economic impacts of new town development in Hong Kong: A GIS-based shift-share analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 227-243, September.
- Schmidheiny, Kurt, 2006.
"Income segregation from local income taxation when households differ in both preferences and incomes,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 270-299, March.
- Kurt Schmidheiny, 2005. "Income Segregation from Local Income Taxation When Households Differ in Both Preferences and Incomes," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0509, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Paavo Monkkonen, 2012. "Housing Finance Reform and Increasing Socioeconomic Segregation in Mexico," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 757-772, July.
- Hon-Kwong Lui, 2011. "The Widening Income Dispersion in Hong Kong: 1986-2006," Journal of Income Distribution, Ad libros publications inc., vol. 20(2), pages 6-22, June.
- Sean Reardon & Stephen Matthews & David O’Sullivan & Barrett Lee & Glenn Firebaugh & Chad Farrell & Kendra Bischoff, 2008. "The geographic scale of Metropolitan racial segregation," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 45(3), pages 489-514, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher S. Fowler & Barrett A. Lee & Stephen A. Matthews, 2016. "The Contributions of Places to Metropolitan Ethnoracial Diversity and Segregation: Decomposing Change Across Space and Time," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(6), pages 1955-1977, December.
- Zwiers, Merle & van Ham, Maarten & Manley, David, 2016. "Trajectories of Neighborhood Change: Spatial Patterns of Increasing Ethnic Diversity," IZA Discussion Papers 10216, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Miquel-Àngel Garcia-López & Ana I. Moreno-Monroy, 2018. "Income segregation in monocentric and polycentric cities: does urban form really matter?," Working Papers 2018/17, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- repec:spr:soinre:v:138:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1658-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:regeco:v:71:y:2018:i:c:p:62-79 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSegregation; Spatial analysis; Income inequality; Urban spatial structure; Hong Kong; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:47:y:2014:i:c:p:99-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.