A mixed index approach to identifying hedonic price models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandra E. Black, 1999.
"Do Better Schools Matter? Parental Valuation of Elementary Education,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 577-599.
- Sandra E. Black, 1997. "Do better schools matter? Parental valuation of elementary education," Research Paper 9729, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- R. Kelley Pace & James P. LeSage, 2004. "Spatial Statistics and Real Estate," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 147-148, September.
- Hite, Diane & Chern, Wen & Hitzhusen, Fred & Randall, Alan, 2001. "Property-Value Impacts of an Environmental Disamenity: The Case of Landfills," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2-3), pages 185-202, March-May.
- Roger J. Bowden, 1992. "Competitive Selection and Market Data: The Mixed-Index Problem," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(3), pages 625-633.
- Beron, Kurt & Murdoch, James & Thayer, Mark, 2001. "The Benefits of Visibility Improvement: New Evidence from the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2-3), pages 319-337, March-May.
- Dennis Epple & Holger Sieg, 1999.
"Estimating Equilibrium Models of Local Jurisdictions,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(4), pages 645-681, August.
- Epple, Dennis & Sieg, Holger, 1997. "Estimating Equilibrium Models of Local Jurisdictions," Working Papers 97-05, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Dennis Epple & Holger Sieg, 1998. "Estimating Equilibrium Models of Local Jurisdictions," NBER Working Papers 6822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hite, Diane & Hoehn, John P. & Randall, Alan, 1999. "Dealing With Health Concerns In Natural Resource Damage Assessment," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21652, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- David N. Figlio & Maurice E. Lucas, 2004. "What's in a Grade? School Report Cards and the Housing Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 591-604, June.
- Brasington, David M. & Hite, Diane, 2005.
"Demand for environmental quality: a spatial hedonic analysis,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-82, January.
- David Brasington & D. Hite, 2003. "Demand for Environmental Quality: A Spatial Hedonic Analysis," Departmental Working Papers 2003-02, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Patrick Bayer & Robert McMillan & Kim Rueben, 2004. "Residential Segregation in General Equilibrium," Working Papers 885, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Brown, James N & Rosen, Harvey S, 1982.
"On the Estimation of Structural Hedonic Price Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 765-768, May.
- James N. Brown & Harvey S. Rosen, 1982. "On the Estimation of Structural Hedonic Price Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jiahui Wang & Eric Zivot, 1998. "Inference on Structural Parameters in Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(6), pages 1389-1404, November.
- Reid, Gary J., 1990. "The many faces of Tiebout bias in local education demand parameter estimates," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 232-254, March.
- Epple, Dennis, 1987. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Estimating Demand and Supply Functions for Differentiated Products," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 59-80, February.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Arthur C. Nelson & John Genereux & Michelle Genereux, 1992. "Price Effects of Landfills on House Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(4), pages 359-365.
- Cushing, Brian J., 1984. "Capitalization of interjurisdictional fiscal differentials: An alternative approach," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 317-326, May.
- John Ries & Tsur Somerville, 2010. "School Quality and Residential Property Values: Evidence from Vancouver Rezoning," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 92(4), pages 928-944, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David M. Brasington & Diane Hite & Andres Jauregui, 2015. "House Price Impacts Of Racial, Income, Education, And Age Neighborhood Segregation," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 442-467, June.
- Xia Feng & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008. "Assessing the Economic Impact of Sports Facilities on Residential Property Values: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," Working Papers 0812, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Víctor Iturra & Dusan Paredes, 2014.
"Construction of a Spatial Housing Price Index by Estimating an Almost Ideal Demand System,"
Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie,
Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 105(3), pages 301-314, July.
- Iturra, Victor & Paredes - Araya, Dusan, 2011. "Construction of a Spatial Housing Price Index by Estimating an Almost Ideal Demand System," MPRA Paper 30581, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Yinger, 2009. "Hedonic Markets and Explicit Demands: Bid-Function Envelopes for Public Services, Neighborhood Amenities, and Commuting Costs," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 114, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Simlai, Prodosh, 2014. "Estimation of variance of housing prices using spatial conditional heteroskedasticity (SARCH) model with an application to Boston housing price data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 17-30.
- John I. Carruthers & David E. Clark, 2010.
"Valuing Environmental Quality: A Space-Based Strategy,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 801-832.
- David E. Clark, 2007. "Valuing Environmental Quality: A Space-Based Strategy," Working Papers and Research 0702, Marquette University, Center for Global and Economic Studies and Department of Economics.
- repec:bla:presci:v:96:y:2017:i:3:p:537-553 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christafore, David & Leguizamon, Susane, 2012. "The influence of gay and lesbian coupled households on house prices in conservative and liberal neighborhoods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 258-267.
- Yusep Suparman & Henk Folmer & Johan H.L. Oud, 2016. "The willingness to pay for in-house piped water in urban and rural Indonesia," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(2), pages 407-426, June.
- Víctor Iturra & Dusan Paredes, 2011. "Construction of a Spatial Housing Price Index by Estimating an Almost Ideal Demand System," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 11, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised May 2011.
- James LeSage & Joni Charles, 2008. "Using home buyers’ revealed preferences to define the urban–rural fringe," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:38:y:2008:i:3:p:271-284. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.