Japanese and U.S. interventions in the yen/U.S. dollar market: estimating the monetary authorities' reaction functions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gartner, Manfred, 1987. "Intervention Policy under Floating Exchange Rates: An Analysis of the Swiss Case," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(216), pages 439-453, November.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M., 1998. "Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 161-190, February.
- Christopher J. Neely, 1998. "Technical analysis and the profitability of U.S. foreign exchange intervention," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 3-17.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 2000. "The Rise and Fall of Foreign Exchange Market Intervention," NBER Working Papers 7751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Owen F. Humpage, 1994. "Institutional aspects of U.S. intervention," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 2-19.
- Almekinders, Geert J. & Eijffinger, Sylvester C. W., 1996.
"A friction model of daily Bundesbank and Federal Reserve intervention,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1365-1380, September.
- Almekinders, G.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1996. "A friction model of daily Bundesbank and Federal Reserve intervention," Other publications TiSEM 9ca974cc-1549-4752-8dbe-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Gruijters, A.P.D., 1989.
"On the short term objectives of daily intervention by the Deutsche Bundesbank and the federal reserve system in the U.S. Dollar-Deutsche Mark exchange market,"
FEW 393, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1991. "On the short-term objectives of daily intervention by the Deutsche Bundesbank and the Federal Reserve System in the U.S. Dollar-Deutsche Mark exchange market," Other publications TiSEM 36c5b281-3fb4-460f-afcd-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Andrews, Donald W. K., 1988. "Chi-square diagnostic tests for econometric models : Introduction and applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 135-156, January.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Osterberg, William P., 1997. "Why do central banks intervene?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 909-919, December.
- Cai, Jun & Cheung, Yan-Leung & Lee, Raymond S. K. & Melvin, Michael, 2001. "'Once-in-a-generation' yen volatility in 1998: fundamentals, intervention, and order flow," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 327-347, June.
- Szakmary, Andrew C. & Mathur, Ike, 1997. "Central bank intervention and trading rule profits in foreign exchange markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 513-535, August.
- Baillie, Richard T. & P. Osterberg, William, 1997. "Central bank intervention and risk in the forward market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 483-497, November.
- Almekinders, Geert J & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W, 1994.
"Daily Bundesbank and Federal Reserve Interventions: Are They a Reaction to Changes in the Level and Volatility of the DM/$-Rate?,"
Springer, pages 111-130.
- Almekinders, G.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1994. "Daily Bundesbank and federal reserve interventions : Are they a reaction to changes in the level and volatility of the DM/$-rate?," Other publications TiSEM e583abfb-39f0-4c9d-8848-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Lewis, Karen K, 1995. "Occasional Interventions to Target Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 691-715, September.
- De Vries, C.G. & Leuven, K.U., 1994. "Stylized Facts of Nominal Exchange Rate Returns," Papers 94-002, Purdue University, Krannert School of Management - Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
- McFadden, Daniel, 1974. "The measurement of urban travel demand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 303-328, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hall, Yosuke & Kim, Suk-Joong, 2009. "What drives Yen interventions in Tokyo?: Do off-shore foreign exchange markets matter more than Tokyo market?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 175-188, April.
- Kalyvitis, Sarantis & Skotida, Ifigeneia, 2010.
"Some empirical evidence on the effects of U.S. monetary policy shocks on cross exchange rates,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 386-394, August.
- Sarantis Kalyvitis & Ifigeneia Skotida, 2008. "Some Empirical Evidence on the Effects of U.S. Monetary Policy Shocks on Cross Exchange Rates," Working Papers 65, Bank of Greece.
- Jun, Jongbyung, 2008. "Friction model and foreign exchange market intervention," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 477-489.
- Pontines, Victor & Siregar, Reza, 2009. "Intervention index and exchange rate regimes: the cases of selected East-Asian economies," MPRA Paper 17138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefan Reitz & Mark Taylor, 2012.
"FX intervention in the Yen-US dollar market: a coordination channel perspective,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 111-128, June.
- Reitz, Stefan & Taylor, Mark P., 2012. "FX intervention in the yen-US dollar market: A coordination channel perspective," Kiel Working Papers 1765, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Chen, Ho-Chyuan & Chang, Kuang-Liang & Yu, Shih-Ti, 2012. "Application of the Tobit model with autoregressive conditional heteroscedasticity for foreign exchange market interventions," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 274-282.
- Hartmann, Daniel & Pierdzioch, Christian, 2007. "Exchange rates, interventions, and the predictability of stock returns in Japan," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 155-172, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:45:y:2005:i:4-5:p:680-698. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.