Extreme-value and margin setting with and without price limits
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Groenendijk, Patrick A. & Lucas, Andre & de Vries, Casper G., 1995. "A note on the relationship between GARCH and symmetric stable processes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 253-264, September.
- Brennan, Michael J., 1986. "A theory of price limits in futures markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 213-233, June.
- G. Geoffrey Booth & John Paul Broussard & Teppo Martikainen & Vesa Puttonen, 1997. "Prudent Margin Levels in the Finnish Stock Index Futures Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(8), pages 1177-1188, August.
- Baer, Herbert L. & France, Virginia G. & Moser, James T., 1994. "Opportunity cost and prudentiality : an analysis of futures clearinghouse behavior," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1340, The World Bank.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- G. Booth & John Broussard, 1998. "Setting NYSE Circuit Breaker Triggers," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 187-204, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Cotter & Kevin Dowd, 2010.
"Estimating financial risk measures for futures positions: A nonparametric approach,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(7), pages 689-703, July.
- Cotter, John & Dowd, Kevin, 2007. "Estimating financial risk measures for futures positions: a non-parametric approach," MPRA Paper 3503, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter & Kevin Dowd, 2011. "Estimating Financial Risk Measures for Futures Positions:A Non-Parametric Approach," Working Papers 200613, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- john cotter & kevin dowd, 2011. "Estimating financial risk measures for futures positions: a non-parametric approach," Papers 1103.5666, arXiv.org.
- Russell Barker & Andrew Dickinson & Alex Lipton & Rajeev Virmani, 2016. "Systemic Risks in CCP Networks," Papers 1604.00254, arXiv.org.
- Brooks, C. & Clare, A.D. & Dalle Molle, J.W. & Persand, G., 2005. "A comparison of extreme value theory approaches for determining value at risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 339-352, March.
- Shanker, Latha & Balakrishnan, Narayanaswamy, 2005. "Optimal clearing margin, capital and price limits for futures clearinghouses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1611-1630, July.
- Chen-Yu Chen & Jian-Hsin Chou & Hung-Gay Fung & Yiuman Tse, 2017. "Setting the futures margin with price limits: the case for single-stock futures," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 219-237, January.
- Cotter, John & Dowd, Kevin, 2006.
"Extreme spectral risk measures: An application to futures clearinghouse margin requirements,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3469-3485, December.
- Cotter, JOhn & Dowd, Kevin, 2006. "Extreme Spectral Risk Measures: An Application to Futures Clearinghouse Margin Requirements," MPRA Paper 3505, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter & Kevin Dowd, 2011. "Extreme Spectral Risk Measures: An Application to Futures Clearinghouse Margin Requirements," Working Papers 200516, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- John Cotter & Kevin Dowd, 2011. "Extreme Spectral Risk Measures: An Application to Futures Clearinghouse Margin Requirements," Papers 1103.5653, arXiv.org.
- John Cotter, 2006. "Extreme Value Estimation of Boom and Crash Statistics," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6-7), pages 553-566.
- Raymond Knott & Marco Polenghi, 2006. "Assessing central counterparty margin coverage on futures contracts using GARCH models," Bank of England working papers 287, Bank of England.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:41:y:2001:i:3:p:365-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .